City : Mississauga - Financial Dr.
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:The Human Resources Advisor plays an integral role in supporting the achievement of their assigned functions’ business objectives through an engaged, high performing workforce. The Advisor is a skilled generalist with a proven track record of building impactful relationships with key stakeholders. This position will appeal to candidates with a passion for problem solving and developing organizational talent. Being able to manage a variety of tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment will be essential for success.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Provide generalist support in areas such as talent management, employee relations, recruitment, HR processes, and performance management
- In partnership with HR Manager and business leadership, identify priorities for assigned functions and develop appropriate people plans to close gaps
- Provide coaching to leaders and employees on a variety of topics (performance, personal development, career planning, etc.)
- Partner with leaders to identify future talent needs and play an active role in the selection process
- Support people survey communication and action planning
- Identify training and development opportunities for assigned functions
- Participate in change management initiatives
- Actively engage and coach employees on Maple Leaf Values and their application
- Support systems activities related to the Human Resources Management System (SAP) and Talent Management (mySuccess)
- Ensure people movement (new hires, terminations, promotions, transfers etc.) is flawlessly executed in SAP
- Leverage use of available data to uncover trends and improve people metrics
- Partner with HR Centre’s of Excellence as required
- Participate on projects to improve service and/or efficiencies
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years HR experience, including a minimum of 1 year providing generalist support
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources
- Knowledge of HR trends, practices, and legislation
- Exceptional communication (oral and written) skills
- Track record of building effective relationships
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated success coaching leaders on HR issues
- Strong problem solving and teamwork skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment where initiative is essential
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Highly aligned with our Maple Leaf Values
- Experience with SAP preferred
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.