City : See posting
Category : Other
Industry : Public Services/Utilities
Employer : Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO)
INDEPENDENT ELECTRICITY SYSTEM OPERATOR (IESO)
|Location:||Mississauga - Hybrid|
|Business Unit:||Human Resources|
Why join us?
You’ve got great skills. And you want to use them in an organization where you know what you do every day matters. We get that.
We also know that ensuring Ontarians have access to affordable and reliable power doesn’t happen by accident. So we give you the tools, flexibility and support you need to achieve your goals, and development opportunities to help you grow. You’ll thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment that values your unique skills and experiences – and recognizes that when you do better, we become even better too.
Who we are
The Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) works at the centre of the province’s power system, ensuring Ontarians have access to reliable and cost-effective electricity when and where they need it. We operate the province’s electricity grid 24/7, design, run and oversee the wholesale electricity markets, and plan and prepare to meet Ontario’s electricity needs – now and into the future.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources Business Partner, the Human Resources Advisor is a multi-disciplinary role to assist in providing professional advice, guidance and consultation to clients at the managerial and individual contributor across the organization related to the delivery of Human Resources programming.
This role has significant confidential labour relations responsibilities and has an indirect reporting relationship with the Senior Manager, Labour & Employee Relations. The incumbent partners closely with IESO Human Resources centres of excellence including Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Talent Management, Compensation & Recognition, Benefits & Wellness, and HRIS, in the planning, development and delivery of specific programs and initiatives.
What you'll be doing
Partners with the Manager, Human Resources Business Partner, in the application of advisory, solutions and support services to designated client groups on a wide range of human resources systems, processes and programs to enable the realization of both short and long-term business strategies and plans. Responsibilities may include:
- Provide employee experiences consistent with IESO corporate values and IESO HR strategic priorities.
- Interpret HR procedures, policies, and guidelines to situations of varying complexities to meet the need of a diverse IESO workforce (including unionized employees, contractors, full-time / part-time employees, executives)
- Guide employees in the effective use of systems to submit inquiries, locate information, update personal data, and engage in learning initiatives.
- Provide helpful and effective information to employees by responding to inquiries and/or proactively providing communications, advice and guidance
- Provide on-boarding services and support to new employees
- Support employee engagement, change and organizational initiatives by facilitating meetings, administering surveys, and analyzing information
- Support people leaders in developing trusting and productive relationships with their teams by implementing various initiatives
- Interpret collective bargaining agreements to ensure responses align to agreement for unionized employees and escalate as required
- Provide labour relations support to Senior Manager, Labour & Employee Relations, including preparation for collective bargaining, drafting of counselling and disciplinary letters, conducting counselling or disciplinary meetings, arbitration support.
- Develop facilitative, collaborative relationships with respective clients, HR centres of excellence (Total Rewards, Employee and Labour Relations, Talent Management) to ensure the on-going effectiveness of the HR service delivery model.
- Interface with HRIS team to support proper information management in Success Factors
What you need to succeed
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in Human Resources or related field; Post-Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management
- CHRL would be an asset
- 4-8 years of experience in Human Resources field, preferably as an HR Generalist.
- Knowledge of Human Resources management theories, principles, policies and best practices.
- Knowledge of human resources related legislation, regulations and trends.
- Change management experience in complex, multi-stakeholder, unionized environments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Strong client service experience and skill in managing customer expectations, providing excellent service and supporting the employee experience
- Organizational savvy, adaptability, flexibility, and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment, across the organization, and at all levels, however also comfortable working independently and taking ownership
- Attention to detail in ensuring accurate, quality product and service delivery (offer letters, research, labour relations support).
- Demonstrated ability to coach, advise and counsel managers and employees
- Sound analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills with an ability to understand broad Human Resources issues and opportunities
- Strong time and project management skills
- Experience with Success Factors HRIS system is considered an asset
What’s in it for you
• A comprehensive total rewards program, including best-in-class benefits and a flexible workplace
• A challenging, fast-paced and collaborative team environment, where your perspectives and experiences matter
• Leaders who support your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching
• The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry
For future reference, please ensure to save a copy of the job description as it will no longer be available once the posting closes.
At the IESO, we know that achieving great results depends on embracing diversity by attracting, developing and retaining people from a wide variety of backgrounds. We do this by ensuring our recruitment and advancement policies are fair and equitable, and by creating an accessible and inclusive environment – one that values every team member’s unique skills and experiences and ensures they have the support they need to achieve their potential. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
We thank you for your interest in a career at the IESO, but we will only contact those candidates selected for an interview.
Note: The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a background check.
The IESO offers a hybrid work model program to most of our employees, based on business needs. Individuals participating in the program can work an average of three days per week remotely within Ontario. It also offers three flex weeks when individuals can work remotely within Ontario . When working in the office, you will be located at our Mississauga, Toronto, or Oakville location.
Join our talent community
Sign up for talent community; stay in touch, find out about new opportunities – and discover how you can make a difference. Discover how we use our expertise and commitment to deliver reliable and affordable electricity to Ontario’s businesses and communities, and how we’re innovating to secure a stronger energy future for all Ontarians. Visit Careers at IESO and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn.
Find out why we were selected as Greater Toronto’s Top 2023 Employers, and what we offer.