Housekeeping-Tata Steel Schefferville-Fly in/Fly out (89635001)
City : Halifax
Category : Full-time Customer Service
Industry : Consumer Services
Employer : Sodexo
What: Full time positions
Remote site: – Fly In, Fly Out
Rotation: 14 days IN – 14 days Out
Shift: 10 hours per day – (may change upon the occupation of the site)
Daily wage: 18$/hour plus overtime
- Accountable to the Manager for maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the guest rooms, dorms, and laundry facilities.
- To promote the philosophy of privacy, dignity, independence, and fulfilment for all clients, treating everyone with respect and encouraging participation in all tasks.
- Maintains premises in a clean and orderly manner
- Cleans guests’ rooms, bathrooms, laundry rooms and dorms
- Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings, floors and carpets
- Cleans by dusting, mopping, vacuuming, and sweeping
- Replenishes supplies
- Moves furniture, in accordance with the health & safety training
- Changes sheets and replenish linens
- Sorts laundry items by label and loads laundry machines with bedding and linens
- Adds detergent and cleaning agents to the washer, in accordance with the SIMDUT.
- Places wet articles in dryer for the measured time cycle
- Ensuring that all cleaning equipment/materials are maintained in safe manner
- Where an item or piece of equipment requires repair, this is reported to maintenance
- Ensuring the manager is aware of the ordering needs for his/her department
- Wears the appropriate PPE as per Sodexo regulations
- Maintaining a friendly contact with clients and respecting their right to choice, dignity, privacy and confidentiality at all times
- Participation in staff meetings
- Participation in training activities
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- One year of experience preferred
- Ability to use tools and equipment and to perform the physical aspects of the job
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills, willing to go beyond the basics
- Ability to work under supervision and follow standard procedures, and compliance with all health and safety standards
Typical Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional appearance and a cooperative approach
- Ability to communicate will with others
- Able to maintain a clean and safe work area
- Willing to assist others
Specific physical characteristics and abilities are required to perform the work, such as agility, dexterity and long period of walking, standing, bending carrying or lifting supplies and equipment weighing 50 pounds or more
TNDC is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in TNDC.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
Career opportunities (tndc.ca)