Housekeeping Supervisor – Full Time Position
City : Abbotsford
Category : Full-time Health Care Provider
Industry : Facilities Services
Employer : Sodexo
The Supervisor provides supervision at the direction of management on site to coordinate soft services activities of workers and/or service employees engaged in facilities operations or services at either larger complex facilities or locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools, universities or other establishments. He/She coordinates, at the direction of management, key functions and more than 10 employees during the normal course of business. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
▪ Serves as a working lead, coordinating the activities of workers or service employees engaged in cleaning and/ or maintaining larger complex facilities of commercial, health care facility, school, residence hall, or other establishments.
▪ Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees.
▪ Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
▪ Responsible for the coordination of routine responsibilities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or functional activities as directed by on-site management.
▪ Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
▪ Performs day to day assignments in addition to lead duties.
▪ Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service, and problem resolution.
▪ Takes an interest and initiative in the development of the facilities team. ▪ Applies some complex skills appropriate for the position.
▪ Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet the requirements of the position.
▪ Applies knowledge of department policies and procedures, and utilizes a general understanding of other departments' functions.
▪ Typically leads more than 10 employees. (typically leads more than 5 employees)
▪ Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
▪ Applies all applicable provincial and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
▪ Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
▪ Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
▪ Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
▪ Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
▪ May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
▪ High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
▪ 3 or more years of related work experience desireable.
▪ Previous supervisory experience required.
▪ Ability to coordinate the routine responsibilities of staff and resources.
▪ Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
▪ Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
▪ Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
▪ Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
▪ Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
▪ Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
▪ Knowledge of and proficiency in all provincial and local requirements related to all assigned work.
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates who participate in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs