City : Victoria
Category : Part-time Hourly
Industry : *Facilities/Maintenance/Environmental Serv.
Employer : Homewood Health Inc.
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
We have an immediate, rewarding career opportunity for a part time Housekeeper to join our team at Ravensview, part of Homewood Health, the national leader in mental health and addictions treatment in Canada.
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and RRSP-matching program
• Free staff parking
• Onsite dining room with gourmet meals prepared by our Red-Seal Chef
• Onsite training including nationally-recognized CARES Program, first aid and the opportunity to develop knowledge of mental health and addictions care in our Ravensview Monthly Grand Rounds Education Series
• Access to professionally-designed fitness facility, serene outdoor spaces for walking and running, and direct access to John Dean Park
Homewood Ravensview is a private 75-bed mental health, trauma and addiction facility offering evidence-based, medically-led, inpatient services for first responders, military, veterans, executives & professionals, adults, and young adults. Located in North Saanich on 28 acres of forested hillside, Homewood Ravensview offers clients a comfortable and safe environment featuring serene ocean views from spacious rooms, welcoming common areas and a world-class team of physicians, psychiatrists, counsellors and 24-hour nursing professionals.
As a Housekeeper, you will be an integral part of a collaborative team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers.
What you'll be doing
• Clean patient’s rooms and perform duties such as mopping floors, washing furniture, cleaning and washing bathroom fixtures, dusting overhead and bed lamps, stripping and remaking beds, turning mattresses and performing other general cleaning work
• Utilize cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops, and other cleaning tools
• Clean common areas, restrooms, corridors, hallways, stairways, and other work spaces while keeping the prescribed health and hygiene standards
• Clean and sanitize toilets, showers/bathtubs, countertops, and sinks
• Wash walls, ceilings, doors and trim by hand or with washing equipment
• Clean, wash, dust or polish hardware, brass, furniture, mirrors, lighting fixtures, windows, window sills, screens, vents, radiators and exteriors of cabinets and equipment
• Sort, wash, load, and unload laundry
• Keep bathrooms stocked with clean linens, toiletries, and other supplies
• Clean mirrors and other glass surfaces
• Empty waste paper baskets, trash containers and replace liners
This is a part time position (30 hours per week).
What we're looking for
• Housekeeping experience in a hospital, hotel, or institutional environment an asset
• Infection prevention and control training an asset
• Ability to use good judgment in deciding priorities with a fluctuating workload
• Proven customer service and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Excellent work ethic and attendance record
• Able to work all shifts, including weekdays, weekends, and afternoon shifts, as per the posted schedule
• Physically able to perform the duties of the position including lifting up to 30lbs, kneeling, squatting, pushing, pulling, reaching and various repetitive movements
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, and as required by BC Health Authorities, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Homewood Ravensview requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Homewood Health promotes a fair and competitive compensation model. Pay rates are tailored to reflect differences in operating environments and job requirements. Compensation is influenced by many factors including compensation principles or approach for a role or job function, organizational tenure, experience, qualifications or premium skills, external competitiveness, internal comparability, geography and work performance. The hourly rate for this role is $22 per hour.
Homewood Ravensview acknowledges with respect the WSÁNEĆ people on whose territory it operates and recognizes that their historical relationship with the land continues to this day.
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.