Hourly Server – The Rec Room Roundhouse
City : Toronto
Category : Part-time Customer Service
Industry : Entertainment
Employer : Cineplex
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s expanding from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept features a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games including luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There is an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also features a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room offers an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage includes impressive digital displays and serves as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room integrates a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that enhances all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Server – Toronto Roundhouse, reporting to the General Manager. This position will be based at our Toronto Roundhouse location at 255 Bremner Blvd.
Toronto, ON M5V 3M9
The Server will be responsible for providing high-levels of guest service to all restaurant patrons by providing prompt service, taking accurate orders, and maintaining a strong working knowledge of all menu items and daily specials. The Server will perform guest service duties in a friendly and professional manner at all times, and ensure that the guests have an enjoyable dining experience. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the proper setting of tables, removing used dishes and place settings, assisting with cleaning duties, and comply with all restaurant policies and procedures.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests and ensure these are given to the appropriate person to execute (i.e. kitchen staff, bartender, etc.).
- Maintain familiarity with the composition of all menu items, including items available at the bar.
- Serve food and beverages in accordance with company standards, but above all in a professional, courteous manner.
- Clean designated areas, in accordance with company procedures, including opening and closing routines and following hygiene requirements.
- Change table linen as required and ensure dirty or damaged linen is not being used.
- Clean and refill condiment sets for each table.
- Ensure table decorations are clean and comply with company standards.
- Set tables to company policy, ensuring that all items used are clean, undamaged and in a good state of repair.
- Ensure storerooms are adequately stocked with replacement cutlery, linen or other established needs, be they food or equipment.
- Clean tables and ensure they are cleaned as soon as it is apparent that guests have finished their food or drink with an acceptable balance between speed, yet allowing guests to finish their meal without feeling rushed.
- Ensure that guests are correctly charged, present the bill and take payment from the guest, in accordance with the procedures of the establishment.
- At all times to be aware of and practice good guest service, assisting the guest in any way which does not adversely affect other guests.
- Attend to guest complaints satisfactorily.
- Take part in any fire or evacuation drills and ensure complete familiarization with all exits, including those normally used by guests, as well as fire escapes.
- Carry out on-the-job training to ensure subordinate staff can carry out their duties effectively.
- Be continually aware of and maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress.
- Ensure that any subordinate staff adhere to and maintain the highest possible standards of personal hygiene and dress.
- Attend meetings and training courses as required.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Follow Health, Food Safe and Liquor service guidelines.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Strong service experience who thrives on engaging guests.
- 1-3 years of restaurant service experience considered an asset.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Professional appearance and manners.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Required to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Lifting or moving up to 20lbs may be required.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please