Hourly Host – South Edmonton The Rec Room
City : Edmonton
Category : Part-time Customer Service
Industry : Entertainment
Employer : Cineplex
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Host – South Edmonton The Rec Room, reporting to the Senior Service Manager- South Edmonton The Rec Room. This position will be based at our South Edmonton Rec Room located at 1725 99th Street NW in Edmonton, AB.
The Host will be responsible for providing consistently high-levels of customer service to all restaurant guests by providing prompt service, and maintaining a strong working knowledge of all menu items, entertainment options and daily specials. The Hosts perform these customer service duties in a friendly and professional manner at all times, and ensure that the guest has an enjoyable dining experience. Other responsibilities will include the proper setting of tables, removing used dishes and place settings, assisting with cleaning duties, and ensuring compliance with all restaurant policies and procedures.
- Receive and record guests' reservations and assign tables
- Greet guests at entrance of dining room, restaurant, or lounge and escort them to tables or other seating areas
- Maintain familiarity with the composition of all menu items.
- Enroll guest into membership program as required.
- Speak with guests to ensure satisfaction with food and service, and attend to complaints
- Let Rec Room leadership know about necessary dining room supplies and equipment
- Inspect dining and serving areas and equipment
- Support and co-ordinate activities of food and beverage servers and other serving staff
- Accept payment from guests for food and beverage and games as required
- Clean agreed designated areas, in accordance with downtime procedures, morning/evening routines and hygiene requirements.
- Change table linen as required and ensure dirty or damaged linen is counted and exchanged for clean, usable items.
- At all times to be aware of and practice good customer relations, assisting the guest in any way which does not adversely affect other customers.
- Attend to customer complaints satisfactorily.
- Report any suspicious packages or parcels to management without delay.
- Take part in any fire or evacuation drills and ensure complete familiarization with all exits, including those normally used by customers, as well as fire escapes.
- Carry out on-the-job training to ensure subordinate staff can carry out their duties effectively.
- Be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress.
- Ensure that any subordinate staff adhere to, and maintain, the highest possible standards of personal hygiene and dress.
- Attend meetings and training courses as required.
- Contribute and create an environment for a guest to “Tell Better Stories”
- Welcome all guests with a warm, friendly greeting.
- High school diploma or GED required. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- A certificate or diploma in a related field preferred
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- 1 year of restaurant service experience
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail
- Professional appearance and manners
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required
- Lifting or moving up to 20lbs may be required
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please