Hourly Cook – The Rec Room Barrie Park Place
City : Barrie
Category : Part-time Other
Industry : Entertainment
Employer : Cineplex
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s expanding from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept features a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games including luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There is an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also features a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room offers an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage includes impressive digital displays and serves as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room integrates a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that enhances all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Cook – The Rec Room Barrie Park Place, reporting to the Head Chef, Sous-Chef or Kitchen Supervisor. This position will be based at The Rec Room Barrie Park Place located at 8 North Village Way, Barrie, Ontario L4N 6P3.
The Cook is responsible for the preparation of high-quality food in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner. The Cook must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment, while maintaining the organizational ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and effectively. Cook must be prepared to work as a team member in a dynamic workplace, follow all safety procedures, and have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
- A Cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen.
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Must follow clean as you go requirements.
- Must possess good knife skills.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Rec Room.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef, or Sous Chef.
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances.
- Ensure quality and safety of food by performing standard and any additional sanitary measures including sweeping of the floors, cleaning of surfaces, as well as proper covering and storage of food items according to standards and procedures.
- Work at efficient and consistent pace.
- Ensure timely preparation of all meals.
- Ensure that the correct quantities are prepared to meet daily needs.
- Utilize kitchen equipment during food preparation.
- Stay productive at all times and prepare for future needs as time allows.
- Demonstrate flexibility and volunteer to fill open shifts as required by variations in staffing.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for accidents and incidents to ensure follow-up and prevention.
- Adhere to all regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials and fire safety.
- Serve food in the proper portion size and at the proper temperature.
- Report any infraction in the food services department policies and procedures.
- Arrive to work at the scheduled time.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Open and close the station as per the requirements.
- Lead by example, with and eagerness learn.
- Responsible to execute daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Professional diploma or food services management preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of cooking experience required.
- Demonstrate knowledge of food and catering trends, quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation required.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
- Ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Effective communication skills.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Highly effective teamwork skills.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.
- Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion, and up to 35 pounds regularly.
- Will be constantly exposed to high temperatures in the kitchen environment.
- Manual dexterity required to use knives and kitchen appliances.
- Extended hours as required.
Inclusion & Diversity
Cineplex is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all intersectional walks of life. The collective sum of our individual differences, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent represents a significant part of our culture. By valuing a diverse workforce, we enforce hiring practices that are fair and equitable.
Life at Cineplex:
Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment. Known as Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, we’re so much more than movies – operating The Rec Room, Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ and Playdium, specially designed for teens and families.
At Cineplex, change and disruption are nothing new. Infusing innovation into everything we do has fueled our evolution as a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with exciting career opportunities in our locations and corporate functions. Grow with us and explore roles in operations, food services, hospitality, digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), digital (Cineplex Digital Media) and cinema media (Cineplex Media), consumer loyalty (SCENE), finance, human resources, technology, amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group), and more.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we rally behind our values of Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence.
We are creative, curious and love thinking big. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, with you.
Learn more about our businesses through the links below.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please