Hourly Cook – South Edmonton The Rec Room
City : Edmonton
Category : Part-time Customer Service
Industry : Food And Beverages
Employer : Cineplex
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Cook - South Edmonton The Rec Room, reporting to the Head Chef, Sous-Chef or Junior Sous-Chef- South Edmonton The Rec Room. This position will be based at our Edmonton Rec Room located at 1725, 99th Street NW in Edmonton, AB.
The Cook is responsible for the preparation of high-quality food in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner. The Cook must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment, while maintaining the organizational ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and effectively. Cook must be prepared to work as a team member in a dynamic workplace, follow all safety procedures, and have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
- A Cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen.
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Must follow clean as you go requirements.
- Must possess good knife skills
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Rec Room.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef, or Sous Chef.
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances.
- Ensure quality and safety of food by performing standard and any additional sanitary measures including sweeping of the floors, cleaning of surfaces, as well as proper covering and storage of food items according to standards and procedures.
- Work at efficient and consistent pace.
- Ensure timely preparation of all meals.
- Ensure that the correct quantities are prepared to meet daily needs.
- Utilize kitchen equipment during food preparation.
- Stay productive at all times and prepare for future needs as time allows.
- Demonstrate flexibility and volunteer to fill open shifts as required by variations in staffing.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for accidents and incidents to ensure follow-up and prevention.
- Adhere to all regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials and fire safety.
- Serve food in the proper portion size and at the proper temperature.
- Report any infraction in the food services department policies and procedures.
- Arrive to work at the scheduled time.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Open and close the station as per the requirements.
- Lead by example, with and eagerness learn.
- Responsible to execute daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. All applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Professional diploma or food services management preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of cooking experience required.
- Demonstrate knowledge of food and catering trends, quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation required.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
- Ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Effective communication skills.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Highly effective teamwork skills.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.
- Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion, and up to 35 pounds regularly.
- Will be constantly exposed to high temperatures in the kitchen environment.
- Manual dexterity required to use knives and kitchen appliances.
- Extended hours as required.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please