Hourly Bartender – South Edmonton The Rec Room
City : Edmonton
Category : Part-time Customer Service
Industry : Food And Beverages
Employer : Cineplex
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Bartender - South Edmonton The Rec Room, reporting to the Senior Service Manager– South Edmonton The Rec Room. This position will be based at our South Edmonton Rec Room located at 1725 99th Street NW in Edmonton, AB.
The Bartender prepares alcoholic drinks for patrons of restaurants, bars, cocktail lounges, and other places where drinks are served. The bartender's main job is to know the standard drink recipes and be able to mix them quickly and accurately. Guests may have their own preferences or recipes for the bartender to follow. Bartenders also check the identification of guests to ensure that they meet the minimum drinking age. Bartenders take drink orders, serve drinks, and collect money for drinks. Bartenders fill drink orders placed by waitresses for guests to be served. He/she arranges bottles and barware, washes glasses, and cleans the bar. The Bartenders also removes empty bottles and trash and replaces empty beer kegs. Bartenders stock the bar by bringing liquor bottles, mixed drink ingredients, and other bar supplies from the storeroom to the bar. He/she keeps track of wines, beers, liquors, and other supplies, and ordering bar supplies.
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Wash glassware and utensils after each use.
- Pour wine and beer.
- Collect payment and operate POS.
- Serve food to guests seated at the bar.
- Check identification of guests to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol
- Determine when a customer has had too much alcohol, stop serving and ensure a safe ride home is arranged.
- Clean up after guests and clean work area.
- Order and maintain liquor and bar supplies.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Serve guests in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Handle and move objects, such as glasses and bottles, using hands and arms.
- Monitor and maintain an inventory of supplies.
- Mix ingredients according to drink recipes.
- Perform physical activities such as lifting and stooping.
- Refusing service, arranging a taxi or even calling the police if necessary.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive display;
- Clean, Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Other duties as required
- High-School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent. All applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Completed Bartending classes preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years Bartending.
- Current provincial Smart Serve Certification considered an asset.
- Knowledge of drink recipes.
- Ability to handle large crowds.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management
- Will be exposed to extreme temperatures.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift 50lb required
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required
- High stress, fast paced environment
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please