Horticulture Student Assistant
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 2240-Horticulture Technician Assistant
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
This role reports to Instructional Associate Production / Turf / Landscape
No incumbent working with this job description will in any one shift, do all of these duties. This job description is to be used for all student assistants in this area, and is set up this way to ensure the incumbent gets a wide range of experience in the horticulture industry.
- Performs record keeping functions including inventory checking, material identification, and tabulating information.
- Assists in maintenance of facilities, including buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Helps maintain storage area.
- Performs basic crop maintenance tasks.
- Assists with disposal of crops, including contacting customers, delivery of products, and assisting customers at retail sales.
- Basic working knowledge of the field lab facility and activities.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Basic computer operation.
- Valid class 5 driver’s licence.
- Physical fitness sufficient for moderate manual labour (lifting, climbing, disassembly of machines).
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.