Home Support Worker-Community Support Worker
City : CAN - ON - Moosonee
Category : CHW-Community Support Services
Industry : Civil and Social Organizations
Employer : Canadian Red Cross
Title: Home Support Worker - Community Support Worker
Location: Moosonee, ON, Canada
Type of contract: Permanent, casual
Salary band: $23.57/hour
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking Home Support Workers - Community Support Workers to join our team in Moosonee, ON.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
We are looking for a Home Support Worker-Community Support Worker to work within the Community Health and Wellness department, and under the direction of the Care Coordinator. The person will be responsible to providing care and support to seniors allowing them to stay independent in their homes.
As a Home Support Worker-Community Support Worker, you will:
- Provide personal assistance and care to clients
- Complete basic errands and home management duties as required, in accordance with established service plan, i.e., preparing nutritious meals while safely and hygienically storing and handling food and maintaining the comfort and safety of the client’s immediate environment
- Provide support to client in accordance with established service plan and Assisted Living Policies and Procedures.
- Complete risk analysis of home using standardized Risk Assessment tool
- Observes and reports any concerns related to the client or their environment to the Program Coordinator
- Maintains of confidentiality of clients, caregiver/family, and the Canadian Red Cross Society.
What we are looking for:
- The incumbent must have certification as a Personal Support Worker or Development Service Workers. Previous experience with edlery clients is an asset.
- English is required. Cree speaking is an asset
- Interpersonal skills typically gained through daily living skills: dependable, punctual, ability to manage stress and interacts well with others
- Ability to follow care plan as identified by the appropriate funder agency
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to be a supportive and productive team member.
- Demonstrates fundamental abilities to participate as a member of the core/support team. Committed to the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement
- Maintains professional appearance
- Maintains confidentiality of information about clients, caregiver/family and the Canadian Red Cross
- The work is principally performed in the residencies of the clients where conditions may vary, located throughout Moosonee.
- The successful candidate for this position must be available to work a flexible work period, occasional requirement to work overtime hours including evenings and weekends, often with short notice.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- A satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC) is required for all positions.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.