Home and Style Team Assist
City : Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
Category : Part-Time
Industry : Design Studio
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Vaughan, Ontario (moving to Mississauga in Summer 2023)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Design Studio, GTA Lowrise Division
Home & Style Team Lead
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
If you are looking for a position that provides an opportunity to apply your superior client service and organizational skills within a fantastic team-oriented environment, this is the perfect role for you!
As a representative of the Mattamy Design Studio, the Home & Style Team Assist with our GTA Lowrise Division will provide excellent customer service and assistance to homeowners during Home & Style appointment hours while striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
Required hours of work are Saturdays & Sundays (9:00am – 6:00pm). Working hours schedule is subject to change once the position relocates to Mississauga, Ontario.
What you’ll do
- Offering excellent customer service and assistance to homeowners during Home & Style appointments.
- Providing tours of the Design Studio while pointing out features and available options.
- Assisting with colour selections, identifying customer needs in style and individual requirements, and answering design related questions.
- Ensuring samples are tidied up and placed in appropriate locations.
- Provide support to Home & Style Associate team and team lead.
- Completing a weekly check of product inventory.
- Assisting the Design Merchandising Manager in labeling and re-organizing the products.
What you bring
- Minimum high school diploma.
- Must be available to work flexible hours - evenings, days and weekends as required.
- Strong customer service (CS) background with prior experience in a CS role.
- Interest and flair in colour and design.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Computer literacy with experience in MS Office applications.
- An outgoing personality with the ability to greet and address individuals, in a professional manner.
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Completion or enrollment in an Interior Design, Interior Decorating and/or Architecture diploma or degree program.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.