Heavy Equipment Technician with Rig
City : Fort MacKay, AB; Edmonton, AB; Calgary, AB
Category : Full time Mechanic
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You are an experienced Heavy Equipment Technician with your own service truck with crane, fully tooled for mining repairs.
- Performs preventative maintenance including filter and lube services
- Diagnoses faults or malfunctions and repairs or replaces defective parts, components or systems
- Tests repaired equipment for proper performance
- Writes service reports
- Interprets work orders and technical manuals
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Must be an Interprovincial Red Seal or have a Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess valid OSSA (Oil Sands Safety Association) Basic Safety Orientation certification or valid CSTS .09 (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Must have a strong safety culture and willingness to work in a TEAM environment
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Previous Fort McMurray plant site experience, as well as mining experience, are both assets
Service Truck Documents Required
- Letter of Incorporation (Company Name or Company Number)
- GST #
- WCB Clearance letter (current within the last 30 days) – Must be for Province you will be working in
- $5 Million General Liability Insurance
- $5 Million Vehicle Insurance
- Vehicle Registration
- Camp may be provided, depending on the site that you will be supporting
- Shift: 14/7 shift or 14/14 shift available, 12 hours per day; night shift may be required
- Work conditions/weather: Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our vast projects include: full-scale contract mining, earthworks, foundations, national highways, bridges, roads, waterways, dams, airports, underground utilities, independent power projects and site reclamation.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.