Heavy Equipment Mechanic
City : St. George
Category : Production & Skilled Trades
Industry : Forestry and logging
Employer : J.D. Irving
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
J.D. Irving, Limited is currently seeking candidates for the position of Heavy Equipment Mechanic to be located in St. George, New Brunswick.
Why Choose this Opportunity:
- Receive Competitive Pay ($21-$34/hour) based on experience and education
- Benefits Package, RRSP Contributions
- Work in a safety conscious environment
- Work with the best equipment and latest technology in the industry
- Be challenged and rewarded with multiple career development opportunities
- Troubleshooting equipment and performing equipment repairs
- Ordering of appropriate parts
- Working with supervisors, customers, and fellow mechanics on various tasks
- Providing support for onsite safety requirements
- Safe operation and upkeep of company mobile service unit
- Various other garage-related activities
- 2-5 years of progressive experience as Heavy Duty Service Technician with proven mobile field work
- Valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
- Dedicated to safety
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Well versed in machine software packages
- Familiarity with mechanical reliability principles and programs
- Can work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work independently with a mobile service truck
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work shift work (Monday-Friday days and nights, with rotating weekends on call)
- Ability to work overtime as required.
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 18,000 dedicated employees.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as ‘Safety Sensitive’ where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodlands Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.