Heavy Duty Mechanic – Fleet Mechanic
City : Winnipeg, MB
Category : Maintenance
Industry : Food and Beverage Production
Employer : Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited
About This Opportunity
Our Daily Mission is to create a better future and deliver optimism to our customers, consumers, and communities. At Coke Canada, we welcome and celebrate our differences, together we are creating an inclusive environment where we all see, hear and feel like we belong.
Coke Canada is looking for a Journeyman Heavy Duty Truck Transport Mechanic that will be responsible for performing repairs and preventative maintenance on fleet vehicles for road, as well as electric warehouse equipment( forklifts, pallet jacks). Must be available for rotating shifts Monday to Saturday.
Shift: The successful candidate must be available for rotating shifts Monday to Saturday.
Mornings 5a.m.- 1:30, Afternoons 2:30- 11 p.m. Day shifts Tuesday - Saturday 7a.m.- 3:30pm
Benefits - Medical & Dental
Employee & Family Assistance Program resources
Boot Allowance of $165 per/year + additional $165 per/year for winter safety boots - after probation
- Responsible for performing mechanical repairs and preventative maintenance on company fleet vehicles
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and complete repairs on all types of vehicles
- Perform preventative maintenance within fleet department
- Perform preventative maintenance in fleet
- Respond to service calls
- Maintain tools and area of work in an organized fashion
- Pick up and deliver vehicles if required
- Participate in and adhere to the required safety training.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 2 year’s work experience.
- Previous experience as a mechanic with light and heavy equipment required.
- 3+ years journeyman mechanic experience preferred.
- Experience repairing and diagnosing gasoline, diesel, and propane engines, automotive electrical systems and material handling equipment preferred
- Successful applicant will be required to have a Class 1 Driver’s license or be suitable for Class 1 training
- Demonstrated mechanical and technical aptitude.
- May be required to supply automotive hand toole (not including heavy duty or diagnostic tools)
- Knowledge of airbrake and electrical systems and components preferred
- Experience operating Forklifts preferred
Proudly Canadian and Independently Owned, we are Coke Canada Bottling!
Coke Canada Bottling is Canada's premier bottling company. We are an independently owned business encompassing over 5,800 associates, more than 50 sales and distribution centres, and five production facilities nationwide.
We have a 120-year heritage of manufacturing, marketing, selling, and distributing the major branded ready-to-drink products Canadians love.
We pride ourselves on building diverse and sustainable relationships with our customers, consumers, stakeholders, and communities through our shared values: lead with an entrepreneurial mindset, collaboration, integrity, accountability, quality and safety.
Our brands include: Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar, Coca-Cola Life™, Sprite®, Fanta®, Barq's®, NESTEA®, POWERADE®, Minute Maid®, DASANI® and vitaminwater®; and our partner brands: Canada Dry®, Monster Energy®, and A&W®.
All offers of employment at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited (“Coke Canada Bottling”) are conditional upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal clearance, employment verification, education verification and drivers abstract review. Please advise the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions or concerns in regards to this once you are contacted for further consideration.
Coke Canada Bottling is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce with several programs, policies and resources in place to support our people. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Services team by calling 1-844-383-2653 or email HR@cokecanada.com.
For more information about Coke Canada Bottling, please visit cokecanada.com