Healthcare Porter – Overnight Shift
City : Abbotsford
Category : Full-time Health Care Provider
Industry : Facilities Services
Employer : Sodexo
NOTE: THIS IS A FULL TIME OVERNIGHT POSITION, WORKNG 5 OUT OF 7 NIGHTS, 11:00PM TO 07:00AM.
The Porter assists and transports patients, including deceased patients, specimens, equipment and supplies and cleans equipment in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures. Performs all delivery, cleaning and record keeping duties associated with the site’s medical equipment depot processes.
· Transports patients to and from required areas as assigned by the daily transporting tracking system.
· Moves patients from various locations by walking, wheeling or utilizing mechanical aides such as specialty beds, mobilizers, wheelchairs and stretchers to ensure prompt arrival at the specified location. Provides support to clients by methods such as supplying blankets when requested and notifying nursing and technical staff of any problems and client concerns.
· Assists the patient care team with mobilization of the patient by lifting and transferring clients on and off stretchers and wheelchairs, following prescribed safe techniques according to portering training.
· Transports deceased by obtaining morgue stretcher, proceeding to the ward/area as notified, assisting nursing staff with lifting & transferring deceased on to the stretcher as directed, moving deceased to the morgue, lifting & transferring deceased onto empty rack in cooler utilizing lifts, and ensure security logging information such as time of arrival, client's name, ward, and body tag number for records.
· Transports items such as equipment, blood products, specimens and charts as per established policies and procedures. Organizes and groups tasks to ensure delivery times are met.
· Retrieves delivers and cleans equipment designated for storage in the Medical Equipment Depot in accordance with established policies and procedures. Checks condition of equipment when performing cleaning duties and reports any maintenance or repair requirements to appropriate maintenance personnel.
· Performs other related duties as required.
· Promote effective communication within all department and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Adhere to the hospital policies, procedures and standards.
· Attend and participate in staff meetings.
· Complete all monthly safety training and toolbox talks.
· Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
· Must call help desk before going on breaks and when return..
· Support colleagues and work cooperatively to promote good team morale.
· Work as part of the Portering Department and liaise closely with colleagues & Patients to provide an efficient Portering system.
· Actively work to maintain the standards set by the client.
- First Aid Certification CPR/AED level C (required)
If you're looking for a role where you can truly impact the lives of others, click "I'm interested" for a quick 5-minute online application.
I understand that as a condition of my employment, I must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. By applying, I hereby certify that I have received two doses of government approved vaccines and that at least 14 days have past since the date of my last vaccination. I further understand that I will need to provide proof before starting work.
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates who participate in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers