Health, Safety, and Environment [HSE] Associate – 12 Month Contract (Vancouver)
City : Delta
Category : Health & Safety
Industry : Food and Beverage Industry
Employer : PepsiCo Canada
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing and Warehouse (M&W), Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) Associate Representative for our EHS team based out of our Delta location. This role reports into the Regional EHS Manager and will contribute to PepsiCo Beverages Canada’s success by providing EHS support to our Manufacturing and Warehouse Operation. Additional responsibilities may be assigned as required to support the Regional EHS Manager and site team in executing the broader EHS plan.
PepsiCo Canada is recognized as one of Canada’s top 100 employers. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Our product portfolio includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands; from Gatorade to Quaker, Tropicana to Lay’s and more. We make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
At PepsiCo Canada, we are always centered on the consumer, developing exciting brand campaigns and continuously driving product innovations. Our people are our greatest asset! By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that PepsiCo Canada is the company you want to work for!
The expected compensation range for this position is between $59,200-$98,600 based on a full-time schedule. Your confirmed job-related skills, experience and qualifications will be considered in setting your actual starting salary.
- To ensure that the site complies with Environmental Health and Safety Legislation and operates within the internal Global Environmental, Health and Safety Management System
- To provide expert guidance on all safety and environment related matters and give information, advice and coaching on relevant legislation and internal EHS systems and reinforcement of site standards.
- Own multiple standards across the Health and Safety model, including Incident Investigation and Risk Assessment. Provide regular coaching to other standard Duty Holders.
- Assists internal program element leaders in building EHS capabilities and competencies so to continuously improve the EHS program
- To be an active member of a site EHS committee team and be an active participant in the daily and weekly process.
- Assist the site Management Team and Standard Holders to meet the site targets of risk management and accident reduction and drive proactive safety culture through effective communications and continuous improvement.
- Partner operations leaders to conduct effective investigations and develop sustainable plans to prevent reoccurrence.
- Support change management projects to ensure safety is designed in and projects are safely executed.
- Implements and executes necessary policies, procedures, work instructions and training conforming to PepsiCo’s Global Environmental Health and Safety Management System (GEHSMS)
- Facilitates the execution, implementation, and tracking of the site’s annual EHS Plan
- Supports the location in achieving their annual EHS objectives
- Demonstrates professional maturity and ability to act as a change leader.
- Bachelor’s degree or High school diploma with EHS/DOT/OSHA work experience
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking skills and presence in meetings and training environments
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills use PC and related software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) handle multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to make and deliver training presentations work collaboratively with colleagues to create a result driven.
- Team oriented environment maintain confidentiality make independent decisions
- Functional EHS knowledge in regulatory requirements, EHS technical aspects (safety, industrial hygiene, environmental regulatory management, risk management, behavior-based safety, training, regulatory agency enforcement
- EHS management experience in a related industry, including consumer packaged goods, distribution/transportation, manufacturing, or grocery industry
- Knowledge and experience with EHS Management systems and their deployment
- Unionized work environment experience
- EHS auditing work experience
- Understands and can articulate EHS regulations.