Health & Safety Administrator
City : Wheatley
Category : Human Resources
Industry : Crop production
Employer : J.D. Irving
HEALTH & SAFETY ADMINISTRATOR
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston. We’re a company that rewards performance and initiative, looking for people who deserve to be recognized.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Coordinator, the Health and Safety Administrator will work to promote, oversee and progress the overall health and safety program for the site. They will ensure compliance with applicable legislation and company standards. The Health & Safety Coordinator will facilitate the engagement of the appropriate stakeholders and departments.
Contract to permanent position.
- Develop, coordinate and priority manage the project charters for various safety policies, procedures and implementation
- Be the site leader for safety audits and programs
- Maintain required safety documentation and policies
- Manage our reporting system to record all reporting and ensure outstanding items actions are being addressed.
- Deliver updates and presentations on the standing of various safety projects and training initiatives
- Active participation on site Occupational Health and Safety Committee(s),
- Perform regular site inspections and work with site staff to improve safety at site.
- Assist HR on WSIB claims, cases and modified back to work plans
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A passion for health and safety of all people
- A certified Occupational Health and Safety designation, such as CRSP, CHSC, CHSE, or equivalent and/or 3 to 5 years’ experience in the Occupational Health and Safety field.
- Experience in Training and Project Management.
- An established Health and Safety background with experience conducting Incident Investigations, Hazard Assessments, developing JHA’s, SOP’s and Safety Training Programs would be considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage team members and other stakeholders;
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Experience using Microsoft products as well as online MSDS management systems and incident reporting and tracking systems.
- Willingness to obtain certificate program in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Experience in an agricultural or operational environment will be considered an asset
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- A passion for our business and the well-being of our people
- Ability to travel regionally
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.