Health Outcomes Scientist ( 12 Month Contract)
City : 7333 Mississauga Road North
Category : Other
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : GSK
Posted Date: Feb 10 2023
The Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) Team is seeking to fill a full-time Health Outcomes Scientist position for a period of 12 months. This position will primarily support the HIV portfolio within ViiV Healthcare., but additional support for other GSK medicines/vaccines may also be required as needed. Health Outcomes Scientists are members of cross-functional teams that include staff from Medical Affairs, Government Affairs and Market Access, Regulatory, and Marketing. We are searching for a bright, analytical, decisive, and articulate team player to add value to Canada’s premier pharmaceutical company. This position requires a self-driven individual with a passion for quantitative health research and an enthusiasm to learn new skills. If you thrive in a quick paced, deadline driven, intellectually stimulating environment we invite you to apply to our exciting and rewarding role and join the GSK mission to help patients do more, feel better and live longer.
Details (Your Responsibilities):
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Lead, design and oversee the real-world evidence and outcomes research program to address data gaps relevant to reimbursement submissions, and to the launch of our innovative assets.
- Lead, design and adapt health economic models for submission to Canadian reimbursement authorities.
- Disseminate research findings through national and international conference presentations and submission of peer reviewed manuscripts within high impact journals.
- Collaborate with local and global GSK colleagues to define data gaps and develop evidence generation strategies to close these gaps.
- Provide expert consultation to cross functional team members on study design, statistical analysis, and potential impacts of new research.
- Support complex decision making and strategic planning across the therapeutic area-specific portfolio.
- Influence the global research program to address Canadian research needs, where appropriate.
- Cultivate relationships with external experts in outcomes research and explore ongoing opportunities for collaboration
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Masters and/or Ph.D. in a field related to health economics and outcomes research, epidemiology, public health, or biostatistics.
- Experience leading epidemiological, health outcomes, or real-world observational research in Canada.
- Knowledge of health technology assessment processes and requirements in Canada.
- Experience with biostatistical methods, systematic reviews and meta-analyses.
- Knowledge of administrative and other Canadian databases that may be applied to address research questions relevant to GSK would be an asset
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and oral presentation skills.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Past research experience in HIV or any of the other GSK priority therapeutic areas of interest including: Immunology; Oncology; Respiratory; and Vaccines.
By 2031, we aim to deliver more than £33 billion in annual sales – a step-change in performance and growth which will significantly increase the positive impact we can have on the health of billions of patients around the world. And we’re confident in our future.
Since 2017, we’ve delivered 13 major approvals and more than doubled the number of potential new vaccines and medicines in Phase 3 and registration to 23. Our pipeline of 21 vaccines and 43 medicines includes many with potential to be first or best-in-class opportunities for patients.
In 2021 we delivered four major product approvals: Cabenuva for HIV, Jemperli for endometrial cancer, Xevudy for COVID-19 and Apretude, our new long-acting medicine for HIV prevention.
GSK’s portfolio spans three product areas: vaccines, specialty and general medicines and our focus is to deliver better and faster for patients globally. We’re prioritising investment in vaccines and specialty medicines, which we expect to grow to around three quarters of our business in the next five years.
Our unrivalled vaccine portfolio targets infectious diseases at every stage of life, helping to reduce the burden of disease for hundreds of millions of people. GSK has exceptional capabilities in vaccine science and technologies, including adjuvant/protein and mRNA.
In specialty medicines, we are at the forefront of HIV prevention and treatment, and we are building our presence in key therapeutic areas such as oncology and immuno-inflammation.
General medicines include our inhaled medicines for asthma and COPD, antibiotics and medicines for skin diseases.
Every day, GSK medicines and vaccines protect and improve health, making life better for millions of people all over the world.
Find out more:
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to apply to our career opportunities. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send resumes to this e-mail and instead apply through the online application process of this posting.
As a health and science-based organization, GSK is committed to following the recommendations as set out by Health Canada and taking all necessary steps to help curb the spread of COVID-19 which includes getting the COVID-19 vaccine. We feel strongly that this is the best way to help protect those we value most: our employees, families, communities and the patients and consumers we serve. To that end, we are taking an important step to ensure the safety of our employees during this global public health crisis.
Only employees who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may attend our Mississauga and Laval corporate offices. In addition, all customer-facing employees who, as part of their job, attend healthcare settings such as hospitals, pharmacies, doctors’ offices and dentists’ offices will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Notwithstanding the foregoing, employees may seek an accommodation for human rights-related reasons, including medical or disability-related conditions, or religious beliefs.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.