HEALTH INFORMATION ANALYST (Toronto, ON, CA, M3H 5R9)
City : Toronto
Category : Health Services
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
- Job ID: 31413
- Job Category: Health Services
- Division & Section: Toronto Paramedic Services, PS Toronto Central Amb Control Centre
- Work Location: Fire & Paramedic HQ & EMS Station 53, 4330 Dufferin St, Toronto
- Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Permanent Vacancy
- Hourly Rate and Wage Grade: $37.80 - $41.41
- Shift Information: Monday to Friday 35 hrs per week per week
- Affiliation: L79 Full-time
- Qualified List: Candidate List will be established.
- Number of Positions Open: 1
- Posting Period: 24-NOV-2022 to 08-DEC-2022
- Defines data needs and selects methods and procedures for collecting and analyzing health data for managers, staff and others. Orients staff to available databases and the use of health information in program development and evaluation.
- Responds to enquiries regarding information systems. Contacts departments and external agencies to obtain health related data.
- Provides in-service training to departmental staff in health information, demographics and computer applications.
- Designs data collection and survey instruments including coding formats, questionnaire design, data entry and storage.
- Designs and maintains departmental information systems and data bases in consultation with manager and users. Develops procedures for user systems.
- Prepares and disseminates information reports and community health profiles based on analysis of existing or generated data for internal and external users.
- Writes and executes computer programs for analysis of data by using statistical software packages.
- Coordinates retrieval of health information and organizes, analyzes and interprets data.
- Designs and conducts surveys related to planning and evaluation of health programs.
- Provides support and consultation to divisional programs and services.
- Provides administration services for division information systems.
- Researches, identifies and proposes new methods for collection and analysis of data.
- Utilizes a patient health record and reporting system, i.e. ePCR (electronic Patient Care Records) to support programs, working groups, project development and reporting.
- Conducts ongoing testing and quality assurance of external information systems to validate information, collection and extraction from the system. Identifies errors and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Develops strategies to overcome issues and resolve problems.
- Maintain documentation on all processes and manuals on the use of developed programs.
- Designs and produces thematic maps, charts and graphs using Geographical Information Systems (GIS) for call type, transportation decisions, program planning and evaluation of paramedic services.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary education in statistics or approved equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Extensive experience using statistical software including at least one of SAS, SPSS, R, Stata or Python.
- Experience using MS Office (Word, Excel, Access etc.) and Visio, relational database management systems (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, MySQL, etc.), and business intelligence tools (e.g. Qlik, SAS Business Intelligence, Tableau, etc.).
- Experience working with hospital systems and/or working in an urban health care/paramedicine environment.
You must also have:
- Knowledge of basic population health statistical methods.
- Ability to use geospatial software, i.e. ArcGis, Map Info.
- Familiarity with current public health issues, epidemiological concepts, trend analysis and forecasting techniques.
- Considerable skills in the management, analysis and interpretation of data.
- Ability to communicate effectively, to prepare written reports, and to display statistical data in appropriate and understandable formats.
- Ability to work effectively with staff at all organizational levels.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to meet changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment, take initiative and respond to competing priorities.
NOTE TO INTERNAL FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME CITY OF TORONTO EMPLOYEES:
City of Toronto employees must apply to full-time or part-time employment opportunities posted on the City's Internal Job Posting Portal.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request. Learn more about the City’s Hiring Policies and Accommodation Process.