Head of Digital Engagement
City : Ottawa
Category : Marketing & Communications
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Ciena
Ciena is committed to our people-first philosophy. Our teams enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible work environment that empowers an individual’s passions, growth, wellbeing and belonging. We’re a technology company that leads with our humanity—driving our business priorities alongside meaningful social, community, and societal impact.
Achieve your ideal career at the forefront of innovation with Ciena. We know the importance of life outside of work, which is why our employees enjoy flexible paid time off and the freedom of working remotely. Ciena empowers our teams with competitive salaries and incentives, community volunteer programs, professional development resources, and support for our mental and physical health—all experienced within a diverse and inclusive culture. To put it simply, we’re a technology company driven by our humanity
We are looking for an experienced Head of Digital Engagement to lead our global digital marketing and campaign strategies. You will set a holistic vision and direction for how we engage with our customers across the buyer journey through our campaigns and online channels, to support Ciena’s business goals.
Our ideal candidate has proven experience in B2B digital marketing and campaign strategy. You will have proven experience in managing complex, integrated marketing programs at a global scale, executing a variety of promotional strategies including paid advertising, personalization, and digital marketing techniques. You will apply this experience, and your knowledge of the B2B buyer journey, to achieve a holistic digital engagement strategy. As a member of our Marketing Leadership team, you will also play a significant role in contributing to, and shaping, the company’s overall marketing vision and strategy.
Our Head of Digital Engagement will report directly to the CMO and will oversee a team of approximately 25 employees. To be successful in this role, you are an exceptionally strong people manager, and the ultimate team player.
- Develop and implement cohesive marketing plans to optimize how we engage with our customers across the buyer journey through our campaigns and online channels.
- Push the boundaries by introducing innovative ideas into our digital and campaign marketing strategies by staying abreast of emerging digital technologies, media opportunities, and campaign techniques.
- Guide the adoption of digital best practices spanning interface design, user experience, new capabilities, privacy laws and regulations.
- Optimize our go to market process for strategic campaigns ensuring effective collaboration within your team as well as with other corporate marketing functions (e.g., communications, brand, creative services, field marketing, portfolio marketing, etc.)
- Galvanize your team around a common goal to take Ciena’s digital engagement strategy to the next level.
- Lead and develop the team, with the objective of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Proactively resolve concerns/constraints regarding campaign priorities, responsibilities, resources, and timing
- Work closely with IT and marketing operations to define business requirements for evaluation, acquisition, implementation, and integration of digital systems.
- Drive and coordinate integration of digital strategy across all channels
- Collaborate with and advise other functions (e.g., portfolio marketing, communications, content strategy, sales, analyst relations, etc.) to define the nature of, and desired outcomes from campaigns and digital experiences for our primary, target audiences.
- Use analytics, in partnership with marketing operations, to continuously audit and improve digital experiences and campaign outcomes.
- Oversee the development and optimal execution of your team’s budget
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience in progressively senior marketing roles
- Experience in managing and developing high performance teams
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Able to forge strong relationships with other company functions both at the working and management levels.
- Demonstrable end-to-end ownership in designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Solid knowledge of digital marketing tools, SEO, web analytics, etc.
- Have an innovative and creative mindset with the resiliency to try new things, fail fast, and reset as needed.
- Customer-driven orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in B2B Marketing in mid to large hi-tech companies
- Experience in the telecommunications industry advantageous
- BSc degree in Marketing, Communications, or relevant field
At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation measures you may require.