Haul Truck Operator – (Permanent Opportunities)
City : Sparwood, British Columbia, CA
Category : Equipment Operators
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Closing Date: January 31, 2023
Are you looking for a new career opportunity operating some of the world's largest mining equipment? This is the position for you! Haul Truck Operators are responsible for safely operating various models of haul trucks transporting coal or rock in an open pit coal mine. No equipment operating experience? No problem. Teck provides all new employees with extensive internal training.
We offer the chance to live and work in the majestic Rocky Mountains, where year-round recreational activities such as hunting, fishing, skiing, snowmobiling, and biking are unlimited. Our operators work an attractive 4 days on, 4 days off, schedule, allowing for plenty of work-life balance. Add to this, exciting work assignments and excellent opportunities for professional growth with Canada’s largest diversified resource company, and we believe you will find what you are looking for! Permanent employment status is now available across many of our operations. Once permanent, employees are offered a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Two Annual Bonus Plans
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan
- Retirement Package
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Operate haul trucks ranging in size from 180 ton to 400 ton capacity on a 12-hour shift, including night shifts
- Work and operate outdoors in all weather conditions, including rain, fog, and winter conditions
- Perform repetitive tasks that could involve heavy lifting
- Inspect equipment, such as tires, fluids, lights, brakes, to ensure equipment is fully functional and safe for operating
- Communicate with dispatch, other operators, and supervisors using communication devices such as two-way radio and on-board computers
- Perform pit utility duties, including handling electrical cables, delivering supplies across the pit, and inspecting or driving equipment and vehicles
- High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED), or equivalent
- Valid class 5 drivers license, or equivalent, without learner’s restrictions
- Previous heavy equipment operation, industrial experience, or computer literacy is considered beneficial
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.