GTA Office – Opportunities in Transaction Services (Commercial Due Diligence) – Full-time – 2023 or 2024
City : Toronto
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
Please note that you are limited to ONE APPLICATION during the spring recruitment period as we ask you to think ahead to what office and service line you are interested in.
At KPMG in Canada, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Do work that matters, supported by a community that values difference and cares about you. Gain learning that’ll last you a lifetime and be recognized for the impact you make. With a focus on encouraging employees to come as they are, KPMG provides its employees with a variety of unique tools and support systems that ensure they thrive and make their mark in their career and in their communities.
What you will do
Our Toronto office is seeking Consultants/Senior Consultants to join the team as a full-time hire in 2023 or 2024 as a part of our Deal Advisory practice.
Our Transaction Services Team:
With a leading-practices approach that emphasizes creating and preserving stakeholder value, combined with the deep knowledge, experience and forward-looking perspectives of our dedicated teams of integrated specialists, we provide a range of highly tailored advisory services that span the transaction lifecycle.
You'll be part of a team of deal-makers that turn transactions advice to help clients manage risk, take advantage of opportunities, and achieve desired business results, including:
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams, you will apply your professional and technical skills on a wide variety of transactions and at different stages of the transaction process.
- Assess markets, their segmentation and overall attractiveness, including estimating size and projected growth.
- Review the regulatory landscape and assess the strengths and weaknesses of competitors.
- Obtain customer feedback through surveys, interviews and investigate them to draw key themes.
- Assist clients with building detailed business and financial models including market forecasts, competitor share forecasts, evaluating synergy and cost saving opportunities, and product/service improvements.
- Perform financial analysis, review of the target business and formulate deal rationale and strategy, in consultation with the client.
- Draft highly visual and detailed diligence reports and assist in preparing pitch documents, proposals and presentations.
- Participate in KPMG’s cross-functional engagement teams with senior client executives, attorneys, and investors.
What’s in it for you:
At KPMG in Canada, you will find opportunity across geographies and industries to do work that matters with a team of peers, mentors and leaders that value your unique perspectives and experiences. As a full-time employee at the firm, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our clients and learn about different industries while you advance your learning and development goals through personalized on-the-job training, supported by your performance manager, to ensure your growth is continuous throughout your career journey. We provide opportunities that enable you to thrive with us, including remote work and travel program opportunities and 50 personal care hours beyond your vacation time.
What you bring to the role
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in deal strategy, commercial due diligence, or transaction consulting
- MBA or Post-Secondary education or equivalent to a university degree in Business or numerate or analytical disciplines such as Mathematics, Economics, and Accounting preferred.
- Financial and commercial awareness with strong investigative and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness and ability to quickly ramp up understanding of any sector to a level appropriate to be able to add sector insights into client deliverables and proposals
- Highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel. Prior exposure to tools like Alteryx, PowerBI and Tableau is an asset
- Excellent slide design, and verbal and written communication skills
How you will succeed:
- You have a strong academic record
- You build collaborative relationships: Establishes strong relationships internally and externally and builds wide and productive networks
- You develop and motivate others: Engages others, instils confidence, and coaches people to find meaning in their work and achieve exceptional results
- You take opportunities to learn and adapt: Uses insights and self-reflection to build capability and embrace new challenges
- You drive quality: Delivers high-quality results and exceptional service that provide value
- You foster innovation: Embraces a culture of innovation and experimentation to create value
Thrive with Us at KPMG
To learn more about how you can thrive with us at the firm, explore life at KPMG in Canada!
Start your journey and make your mark with KPMG today!
Please apply directly to KPMG at Students - KPMG Canada (home.kpmg).
All applications must be received no later than Monday, May 1, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST.
Feeling a little overwhelmed with the application process? Don’t worry – we've got you covered! Check out our resume and interview tips available over at our Application Journey page!
What is required for this application process:
- Please limit your application to one role at the location of your choice based on your interests. You will be asked to complete an application questionnaire where you can outline your preferences. Please carefully review which specific opportunities are available before submitting your application, as openings vary by office.
- Applications can be addressed to “Hiring Manager” and should include a cover letter, resume, and a copy of your most recent unofficial transcript. If you do not have access to an electronic copy of your transcript, we ask that you attach a screenshot of your grades from your school’s website.
- All considered applicants must have or will obtain legal authorization to work in Canada by the start date of employment.
If you experience any difficulties with the online system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.