GTA Office – Opportunities in Financial Risk Management – Co-op or Full-time – Fall 2023 or Winter 2024
City : Toronto
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
Please note that you are limited to ONE APPLICATION during the spring recruitment period as we ask you to think ahead to what office and service line you are interested in.
At KPMG in Canada, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Do work that matters, supported by a community that values difference and cares about you. Gain learning that’ll last you a lifetime and be recognized for the impact you make. With a focus on encouraging employees to come as they are, KPMG provides its employees with a variety of unique tools and support systems that ensure they thrive and make their mark in their career and in their communities.
What you will do
Our Toronto office is seeking undergraduate students to join the team as a co-op student or full-time hire in Fall 2023 or Winter 2024 as a part of our Risk Consulting practice.
Our Financial Risk Management (FRM) professionals help companies manage complex market, regulatory, operational and credit risks by shaping their risk and business strategies to effectively mitigate or take advantage of such exposures and enhance their compliance stance. Backed by deep industry knowledge, you'll be part of a team that works with organizations to strengthen their governance and operating models, positioning them to effectively achieve their risk management objectives.
KPMG's FRM professionals help organizations by addressing complex challenges, creating and protecting sustainable business value and transforming risk into a strategic advantage.
To learn more about the service line, please click here: KPMG Financial Risk Management.
What’s in it for you:
Our Co-op program aims to develop the next generation of leaders through challenging and interesting work. During your term, you will gain authentic engagement experience working with client projects across our teams. Along the way, you will broaden your skill set through KPMG’s vast learning and development opportunities that you can take on to your future career.
Full Time Students
At KPMG in Canada, you will find opportunity across geographies and industries to do work that matters with a team of peers, mentors and leaders that value your unique perspectives and experiences. As a full-time employee at the firm, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our clients and learn about different industries while you advance your learning and development goals through personalized on-the-job training, supported by your performance manager, to ensure your growth is continuous throughout your career journey. We provide opportunities that enable you to thrive with us, including remote work and travel program opportunities and 50 personal care hours beyond your vacation time.
What you bring to the role
- University student with a major in Finance, Business, Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Consulting mindset and an interest in areas of financial risks such as credit risk, enterprise risk, operational risk, capital adequacy and /or Basel III
- Familiar with the Canadian regulatory landscape
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to achieve personal and professional success while juggling competing priorities and deadlines
- Highly motivated student who strives for excellence, innovation and collaboration
How you will succeed:
- You have a strong academic record
- You build collaborative relationships: Establishes strong relationships internally and externally and builds wide and productive networks
- You develop and motivate others: Engages others, instils confidence, and coaches people to find meaning in their work and achieve exceptional results
- You take opportunities to learn and adapt: Uses insights and self-reflection to build capability and embrace new challenges
- You drive quality: Delivers high-quality results and exceptional service that provide value
- You foster innovation: Embraces a culture of innovation and experimentation to create value
Thrive with Us at KPMG
To learn more about how you can thrive with us at the firm, explore life at KPMG in Canada!
Start your journey and make your mark with KPMG today!
Please apply directly to KPMG at Students - KPMG Canada (home.kpmg).
All applications must be received no later than Monday, May 1, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST.
Feeling a little overwhelmed with the application process? Don’t worry – we've got you covered! Check out our resume and interview tips available over at our Application Journey page!
What is required for this application process:
- Please limit your application to one role at the location of your choice based on your interests. You will be asked to complete an application questionnaire where you can outline your preferences. Please carefully review which specific opportunities are available before submitting your application, as openings vary by office.
- Applications can be addressed to “Hiring Manager” and should include a cover letter, resume, and a copy of your most recent unofficial transcript. If you do not have access to an electronic copy of your transcript, we ask that you attach a screenshot of your grades from your school’s website.
- All considered applicants must have or will obtain legal authorization to work in Canada by the start date of employment.
If you experience any difficulties with the online system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.