Group Product Manager, Scotiabank
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184168
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a key member of the Digital Payments Product team, you will assume end-to-end ownership of the person-to-person money movement vertical, building its product strategy and delivery roadmap. Leveraging your ability to organize and motivate teams, you will closely work with the other Product Managers, Bank stakeholders, Software Developers, and Designers to translate the customer journey directives into actionable backlog deliverables and follow through to completion.
Is this role right for you?
- Champions a customer focused culture to build frictionless, secure and transparent payment experiences and contribute towards improving the Product KPIs
- Leads the development of a product vision, strategy and multi-year roadmap for the portfolio, working with the Director of Digital Payments domain to achieve business goals (revenue growth, customer acquisition, retention and operational cost savings)
- Exemplifies an entrepreneurial mindset, curiosity and ownership to explore the unknowns and solve for all aspects of the product like customer experience, fraud, speed, and scalability
- Guides problem discovery to develop a deep understanding, within the team, of our customer needs, competitor offerings, market and industry trends, and regulatory changes
- Provides leadership throughout the product development process, from ideation to launch, ensuring effective prioritization (based on business value, feasibility and risk), timely delivery, quality, and cost-effectiveness
- Provides thorough oversight on the delivery of projects within the portfolio
- Collaborates closely with key partners like business, design and engineering partners to come up with solutions, define product requirements, prioritize features, and align on timelines
- Owns the business line relationship with key business stakeholders, including executive leadership (SVP & VP), ensuring that their requirements are translated into the right products and journeys. Manages expectations with effective communication
- Work closely with compliance & other control functions, while always negotiating and pushing for the benefit of good customer experience & high business value
- Works with analytics to define, monitor and assess key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure product success such as sales funnel performance, penetration and engagement
- Use data to drive decisions. Build hypothesis, test & iterate to formulate an agile product development approach to continuously improve customer experiences and business outcomes
- Champions a high performance environment, setting a high bar for the team with a focus on development planning, and contributing to an inclusive work environment
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions. Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, regulations, AML/ATF/sanctions and risk
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have 8+ years of experience in a role building customer facing digital products, preferably 3+ years experience in the person-to-person payments domain.
- You have managed a technology product or a digital journey end to end, from inception to delivery
- You have a strong strategic mindset, always thinking about the long term vision for your product
- You have managed a team of Product Managers for 3+ years.
- You are knowledgeable about multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Agile/Scrum, Engineering, UX/UI Design, Sales and Marketing, Finance
- You are a master of identifying and solving ambiguous problems to drive customer and business value
- You have excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- You have a curious and experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty
- Your verbal and written communication skills are exceptional, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at different levels in the organizations
- Bonus points if you have experience in the fintech/payments industry
- Engineering, Computer Science, Business / MBA degrees considered an asset
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Working location condition: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.