Group Consultant, RBC Group Advantage – Saskatoon
City : SASKATOON, Saskatchewan, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is this opportunity?
Group Advantage is a comprehensive business at RBC that offers a variety of retirement savings products including Group RRSP's, Deferred Profit Sharing Plans, Group Tax Free Savings Accounts and Defined Contribution Pension Plans that are combined with expert advice and delivered in the convenience of the workplace.
What will you do?
- Sell Group Retirement Savings and Financial Wellness programs: 60% of your time will be focused on lead generation and 40% on sales activation
- Identify referral opportunities for the Mortgage Assistance and Capital Loan Programs
- Champion the RBC Group Advantage value proposition with partners and in the external market
- Build and maintain relationships with senior managers across Canadian Personal and Commercial Banking and Wealth Management
- Enable activities that result in the acquisition of new Group Advantage Sponsors
- Be flexible to work an occasional evening or weekend
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong prospecting, networking and business development skills
- Proven sales success in meeting and exceeding targets
- Excellent relationship building skills both internally and externally to identify and implement strategies that drive business growth
- Independent, entrepreneurial and self-management skills to achieve planned goals
- Experience creating a referral network and a current, extensive network of “centres of influence”
- Designation as a Retirement Plans Associate (RPA) and/or Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) through the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans or be willing to complete the necessary courses to achieve the RPA designation within 18 months of start date
- Excellent presentation, communication, time management and organizational skills
- Highly developed PC and mobile literacy with demonstrated digital capability using Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Power point)
- Action oriented and creative business acumen
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Excellent career development and access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.