Graduate Development Program – Supply Chain
City : Dartmouth
Category : Supply Chain
Industry : Transportation equipment manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
Calling the Next Generation of Shipbuilding Leaders: 2023 and 2024 Business Management Graduates
ISI Graduate Development Program – Supply Chain Stream
Charting the Course for a Successful Career at Irving Shipbuilding
Irving Shipbuilding is looking for 3 exceptional Business Management graduates to join our team of Shipbuilders in our Graduate Development Program - Supply Chain Stream
· Participate in a two-year development opportunity for newly graduated Business students that offers in-depth exposure to different areas of our Supply Chain operations.
· Progress through four six-month rotations across our Supply Chain functions to better understand the roles of each department and how they are connected to prepare you for a career with Irving Shipbuilding.
· Explore your career interests, build your network, and gain exposure to Irving Shipbuilding’s operations from various perspectives.
· Join 7 other graduates within our Engineering Stream of the Graduate Development Program to be a part of a group of 10 individuals participating in the program across the business.
Why Join Us?
· Work in a fast-paced environment that offers challenging work and the opportunity to lead meaningful projects.
· Connect directly with our organization’s senior leaders and shipbuilding professionals to grow your career.
· Receive direct support and coaching from a dedicated Program Coordinator and the many colleagues you will work with as you are exposed to various career paths.
· Participate in continuous learning and development and growth opportunities through role-specific training, and other professional development opportunities as a part of the program.
We’re Looking for Individuals Who Have:
· Career interest in Supply Chain or willingness to learn about a career in this field.
· Proven leadership within professional work and extra-curricular activities.
· Strong academic performance and a desire to excel.
· Passion for the shipbuilding industry and a desire to grow a career in a fast-paced organization.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
· Strives to improve business results through new ideas and actions; encourages and participates in innovative approaches.
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
· A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan.
· Employee & Family Assistance Programs.
· RRSP matching program.
· Health & Wellness reimbursements.
· Opportunities to take part in job related training and development.
· Relocation costs (if eligible).
· Degree in one of the following areas:
o Bachelor of Business Administration (any major)
o Bachelor of Commerce (any major)
· All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
If this opportunity excites you, please submit your resume online through the JDI Careers website by January 31st, 2024. Please be sure to include any previous work experience, co-op experience (if applicable) and all extra-curricular involvement within your resume.
Interviews will commence in February of 2024 and the positions will be starting in the Spring of 2024.
As a partner in the National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS) with the federal government, the Halifax Shipyard is at the forefront of shipbuilding in Canada. In 2011, Irving Shipbuilding was selected through the competitive and transparent NSS to construct Canada’s future naval combatant fleet. Since then, we have invested more than $400 million to build North America’s most modern shipyard and provide Canada with needed shipbuilding capability.
To learn more about Irving Shipbuilding and the National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS) please click here.
We appreciate your interest in our company however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply or share this opportunity with a young leader!
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.