Global Wholesale Operations Intern – Experience Year
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Internist, General
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 159496
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Global Wholesale Operations (EY)
September 2022 – August 2023
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services.
This is a place where you’ll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we’re passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy.
Who we are:
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Operations plays an integral role in the client experience. As a Global Wholesale Operations intern, you will contribute to the overall success of the GWO Asset Servicing team globally, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
• Contribute to implementing a data-driven analytics approach to drive continuous improvement and anchor decisions in data
• Develop KPI / KRI reporting and dashboards to improve insights into the operation
• Conduct process and control reviews, proposing and implementing improvements
• Automate manual processes by developing tools using the Microsoft Power Platform and Microsoft Office
• Have an opportunity to gain hands-on learning experience with Corporate Actions
• Have access to the Global Banking and Markets Learning Program – frequent interactive learning sessions led by our experienced professionals
• Participate in our Mentoring program where you will be teamed-up with a mentor who will serve as a guide for professional and personal development
• Demonstrated interest and knowledge in the Capital Markets
• Innovative thinker with a passion for data analytics, process re-engineering and automation
• Proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities
• Capable of developing robust tools using the Microsoft Power Platform and Office suite
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Ability to overcome challenges presented by a constantly changing work environment
• A high level of energy and a keen desire to learn new concepts
• A high level of attention to detail
• High professional standards
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.