Global Trader Voice Technology Specialist (Rotating Shifts between 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H 0B4
Category : Computer Support Specialist
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184281
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
We are filling 2 positions
Scotiabank’s Global Technology Solutions (GTS), Solutions Integration & Delivery (SI&D) organization is rooted in understanding our Scotiabank business lines and technologies and collaborating with our global CIOs and business lines to deliver high-quality, reliable enterprise solutions in an agile and cost-effective manner while complying to the bank’s security standards and policies.
Our Global Trader Communications, Archive and Surveillance Platform Management team is responsible for the daily telephony & voice data trade floor support, including voice/call recording, preservation, and surveillance. Trade floor sites include Toronto, Calgary, Montreal and may include the U.S., Latin America (LATAM), Europe (EMEA) & Asia Pacific (APAC) for support & global project initiatives. We are responsible for support and deploying new telephony and recording technologies for trade floors while following best practices and coordinating with the Bank’s technology teams with the aim of providing high resiliency. Additionally, we ensure the health of our voice platforms and infrastructure.
Reporting to the Toronto Trader Voice Manager, you will provide integral support to a team of high-performance IT/Trader Voice Professionals and subject matter experts for all activities related to Trader Voice and Voice Recording technologies.
You will have global accountability of voice recording technology within Global Technology Services/Global Banking Markets (GTS/GBM) for all business partners working in collaboration with HR, Compliance, Legal, and other IT Groups. You are a part of an operations team that provides continuous coverage from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Eastern Time Zone, Mondays to Fridays. In this role, you can be scheduled to work in one of these rotational shifts: 6 a.m. - 2 p.m. / 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. / 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. / 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. / 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
When required, there might be travel outside of the Greater Toronto Area. You are fine with on-call to support your staff after hours & assist with problem resolution, and to ensure that systems are operational.
Is this role right for you?
- This is an on-site, 5 days per-week role supporting the trading floors at Scotiabank’s downtown Toronto office. This is NOT a remote or hybrid role
- You are confident in leading the development and implementation of a new operating model to address voice preservation within Global operating centers; and in particular Capital Markets, Sales and Trading environments.
- You will drive the direction with the team and meet achieve Data and Voice technologies objectives.
- You are comfortable in collaborating with the business, along with the technical and operational groups across the Bank to ensure alignment of technical solutions to the business strategy, use and deployment of best practices in business support solutions, and the alignment and application of Bank operational and security standards.
- You can manage the workflow associated with producing voice recordings and evidence for standard and complex global requests & embrace working with global teams to standardize and consolidate voice recording technology, preservation and extraction processes.
- You are eager to participate and engage Bank executives on voice related agendas. This includes developing presentations and assisting with communications to Bank regulators and compliance groups.
- Your primary focus is establishing a global operating model, ensuring integrity of data, and responding effectively while engaging with HR, eDiscovery, Legal on managing discovery requests for IT. As part of the directive is to ensure system availability and integrity of data.
- You will work with Regulatory Business Initiatives group, Internal Controls Group, SI&D Service Management leads and Vendors to define the scope, intake and building of integrations with various communication platforms, support Scenario development and automation of testing.
- You will work with vendors and internal partners to get appropriate reviews and approvals for the solutions being developed.
- You can demonstrate strong communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills in English. The same in Spanish is an asset.
- You have at least 3+ years of hands-on working experience within Trader Voice and/or Information Technology.
- You have at least 3+ years of progressive working knowledge or experience in Data & Voice at an enterprise scale with industry-recognized tools (e.g., Turrets like BT, IPC Unigy, Symphony/Cloud 9); Voice Recording (e.g., Verint Systems, NICE, Red Box); Cisco IP Communicator (CUCM).
- You have at least 1+ years of hands-on technical working experience in supporting desktop applications.
- You can demonstrate a working knowledge of compliance policies, as well as trading practices & workflows relative to the trading businesses.
- You possess superior decision-making skills to resolve work issues with the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- You can demonstrate advanced interpersonal skills to build critical relationships with internal technology & business stakeholders and external vendors.
- Completion of a post-secondary education in Computer Science or a technology-related field.
- You are in the process of completing or have completed training with IPC Unigy® Administration and/or Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) Administration and/or Symphony Communication Services’ Cloud9 Administration and/or Verint/Custodia Recording systems.
What's in it for you?
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success! We also foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- Our primary location in downtown Toronto is:
- Renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology.
- Located near the TTC’s Line 1 Queen or King subway stations & is located minutes from GO Transit/VIA Rail hub at Union Station; as well as the TTC’s King 504 streetcar line.
- Just minutes from the Gardiner Expressway & the DVP.
- You have card access to The Commons North, a dining space at the Scotiabank North office tower, for employees where breakfast & lunch are served. The Bean North serves hot/cold beverages & baked goods. Also, the Grab & Go offers a selection of cold and microwavable meals. A variety of on-the-go offerings and beverages are available 24x7 and purchasable via self check-out.
- Direct access to The PATH & its many food courts, restaurants, grocery stores, LCBO, hairdressers, pharmacies, gyms, clothing stores & services.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.