Circle K is embarking on an exciting journey that will substantially change the way we conduct our business in our effort to continue making our customer’s lives easier every day. As Global Process Owner (GPO) for Operational Accounting you will partner with senior functional leadership to transform our business. GPO’s will work in an international environment with stakeholders and colleagues across our global organization. Within the newly established function driving Shared Services strategy and development, you will also be part of developing the GPO role itself, as well as strategic discussions related to your area or the overall company.
This position can be located in Tempe AZ, Laval Canada, Riga Latvia.
The position includes, but is not limited to, the following essential job duties, responsibilities and requirements:
- Drive business transformation initiatives focused on improving the customer experience, standardization, and automation of processes
- Continue the development of the process operating model to support the Company and Shared Services vision/strategy, through the process of governance, service delivery framework and a global standard process
- Design and implement system health metrics and KPIs to monitor the process and systems; map these against industry best practice
- Improve management and control over the entire end to end process, removing redundant activities and focusing on added value
- Drive a culture of constant improvement. Identify and implement initiatives in order to increase business-wide effectiveness and end-to-end efficiency
- Implement global template and design standards; identify and escalate process deviations that are not driven by local, regulatory or tax considerations
- Partner with IT to recommend technology solutions that maximize existing systems and/or implement new systems when necessary
- Coordinate and engage with key stakeholder groups across Global Functions, Local/BU teams, and Shared Service Delivery teams
- Support change management and communication efforts for critical transformation projects
- Develop standards and business rules for data quality maintenance and cleanup
- Perform cost-benefit analysis for proposed changes to aid management in making strategic and tactical decision
- Project Management or Process Architect/SME roles as required by major process changes and as part of the organization’s overall management of capacity
- Coordinate with functional leads to support training delivery as needed
- Present to all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline
- 5+ years relevant work experience in a Shared Services environment, including 3 years of leadership
- Ability to actively engage stakeholders and staff to ensure processes are executed consistently
- Experience in a multi-function shared service environment preferred
- Strong understanding of end to end process management
- Process improvement (LEAN, Six Sigma) or project management expertise preferred
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence across all levels of the organization
- Results orientated, fact-based and the patience to take people along on a change journey
- Self-starter, advocate of change and process optimization
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; proficient at communicating conclusions to leadership in a concise manner
- Strong analytical skills and ability to effectively problem-solve
- Process oriented. Can easily recognize areas of improvement and develop strategies for implementation resulting in improved efficiencies
- Capable of dealing with significant change and uncertainty – comfortable that the role may vary significantly dependent on ongoing initiatives and requirements
- Change Management capabilities able to address different levels of stakeholders – from senior leadership to junior levels
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and thrive under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations
- Strong Managerial skills (people and workflow)
- Availability to travel to meet with stakeholders
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Complete physical activity inventory of the position includes:
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Operate computer keyboard and mouse for data entry.
- View computer monitor
- Hear and speak via telephone.
- Reach forward and/or overhead
- Occasionally lift up to 20#
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Working conditions inventory of the position includes:
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate at a normal range.
- The lighting will include natural light from the outside as well as fluorescent lighting throughout the work areas.
- Work with minimum direction and periodic supervision.
JOB DESCRIPTION ACKNOWLEDGMENT
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed in this position and it is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all the duties, responsibilities, functions and qualifications required of the position. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties and will be evaluated, in part, on performance of the tasks listed in this job description. As with all positions, the responsibilities and duties of this position may change. The Company reserves the right to revise this Job Description at any time with or without notice. This Job Description does not constitute a contract for employment and either the incumbent or the Company may terminate employment at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company's use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility: