Global Investigator Site Payments Lead
City : 7333 Mississauga Road North
Category : Other
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : GSK
Posted Date: Jan 24 2024
The Global Investigator Site Payments Lead is a key role within the Global Site Budgets & Contracts (GSBC) team responsible for driving upper quartile performance by overseeing key processes relating to accurate and timely payments to investigator sites in line with protocol requirements and study specific contracts. This role will provide functional expertise in the development of study specific Subject Visit Template (SVT) or equivalent, data acquisition and investigator site payment procedures/systems. The GSBC team will function as a global Centre of Excellence for the entire end-to-end process (i.e., from protocol development to study conclusion), providing an integrated, consistent approach to benchmarking, site budget development, contracting, SVT development and payments.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
• Lead the internal process for SVT development and payment data acquisition
• Working with other members of the GSBC team to prepare study-specific visit definitions to ensure visit payments are structured to allow for proper and efficient payment of study visits, considering any conditional elements of the study design
• Serve as POC for country study team and SDLs on SVT and payment process issues; identify and proactively raise issues and concerns in a timely, open, and appropriate manner
• Drive continuous improvement in site payment processes, including assessment and implementation of new system/tools
• Act as expert to assist global study teams in developing a study-specific Subject Visit Template (SVT) to optimally facilitate the feed of clinical data to the operational systems landscape for the combined purposes of enrollment tracking, visit tracking and investigator payments
• Develop and maintain global guidance, process maps, templates, and training for the creation of Subject Visit Templates
• Actively engage organizations and country representatives on global standards and process and communicate changes
• Identify issues which consistently appear for same study types, study design scenarios, complex study designs (cohorts/arms/sub-studies), payment scenarios, subject enrollment tracking, mapping feed and user acceptance testing and drive adoption of global standards to mitigate issues and simplify processes
• As Subject Matter Expert, participate in related system projects/workstreams and development of business requirements
• May oversee service provider
3 years or more of relevant experience with investigator payments process and governance in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech Clinical R&D industry. Bachelor’s degree in business, Science, Math, or related discipline.
Preferred Qualifications: In addition to the basic qualification, experience in Pharmaceutical, Biotech with an emphasis on operational data acquisition/management process and systems landscape within a clinical research/drug development environment.
Job-Related Experience/ Skills / Background:
• Knowledge of investigator site payment requirements and experience operationalizing timely and accurate payments to sites.
• Demonstrated high degree of understanding of clinical data, clinical and data management processes, ability to interpret protocol design to optimally represent the study and address multiple operational processes
• Operational knowledge of clinical research and understanding of R&D and drug/vaccine development process.
• Experience with User Acceptance Testing
• Ability to influence global contributors/study teams and drive agreement with regards to broad-based operational requirements
• Knowledge of industry payment technology and tools
• Strong business acumen, planning, negotiation, and organizational skills
• Demonstrated track record in quality decision-making and problem resolution that impacts study/program direction. Recognizing potential risks and can implement effective mitigation strategies.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed environment with internal and external customers based locally, regionally and globally.
• Good networking skills with internal and external partners and contacts within other GSK business units
• Confidence in working in an environment that is constantly evolving with new processes, tools, and systems, internally and externally. Understands and effectively utilizes change management tools and approaches.
• Independent and proactive with experience with internal and external team stakeholders to drive process improvement initiatives and implement solutions
• Good understanding of medical terminology and procedural, material, and administrative costs associated with the site work performed in clinical trials.
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills are required in English.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals to apply to our career opportunities. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send resumes to this e-mail and instead apply through the online application process of this posting.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.