Global Infrastructure Solution Designer
City : Montréal, QC
Category : Global - Information Technologies
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
As part of the Global Cloud and Enterprise Compute Services Team, the Global Infrastructure Solution Architect is accountable for overseeing and governing the technical design and implementation of global and regional deployments of compute, storage, backup, and cloud solutions while aligning with global standards.
In this role the candidate will work on multiple Global and Regional design and implementation projects. They will work closely with 3rd parties to ensure timely and accurate delivery.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Identify and propose specific IT standards, design strategies and initiatives to align solutions with client, corporate objectives, and industry best practices.
- Review and analyse current core IT infrastructure technology and its ability to support strategic corporate objectives.
- Translate business issues/opportunities into technical solution/business requirements.
- Liaison with 3rd party vendors to coordinate, monitor deliverables and ensure adherence to global standards, architecture, processes, and procedures.
- Participate in global infrastructure and operations technical governance and strategic planning in conjunction with Enterprise Architecture.
- Collaborate on global initiatives with geographically distributed team members.
- Development of technical design documentation for new initiatives to support the transition to operations.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field preferred. Equivalent relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree preference.
- 5-7+ years relevant and practical experience.
- Experience working with and managing multiple vendors.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experienced in private or public cloud (Azure) compute, infrastructure, IT infrastructure, automation, advanced services, and service delivery including wide experience across multiple technology domains.
- Ability to work independently with low-level supervision.
- Strong organization skills (set priorities, meets deadlines, multiple simultaneous projects) and excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic problem-solving skills with the ability of providing solutions to identified problems.
- Ability to communicate problems in terms that are understandable to end users at all levels.
- Experience applying security best practices in designing and delivering initiatives.