Global Development Coordinator
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 6012-Office of Global Engagement
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
The Global Development Coordinator is responsible for participating in the planning, implementation and development of the ongoing operations of programs as set out by the Global Development Unit. The incumbent will work closely with the Global Development Manager to build and strengthen links to existing and potential partnerships and grow the impact of developmental projects to meet the department’s strategic direction for the purpose of supporting KPU’s Vision and Academic Plan.
Reporting to the Global Development Manager, the objective of the Global Development Coordinator is to prepare expressions of interest, reports and statements, and identify market opportunities in the development of key contacts to support the unit’s strategic initiatives. The role will also support in managing external relations as they correlate with new and existing partnerships.
The Global Development Coordinator will work independently to provide operational and administrative support from the identification and research of opportunities to the submission of proposals for international projects and initiatives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in a relevant field such as Business Administration, Education, Cross-Cultural Studies, Social Sciences, International Relations, International Development, or other relevant fields.
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant experience in international related work (preferably in the area(s) of international education, partnership or business development, and project management (or other relevant fields).
- Demonstrated ability to respond both verbally and in writing in order to deal effectively with partners and members at all levels of KPU’s academic and service departments.
- Demonstrated understanding of Canadian and international educational systems as well as an understanding of international students and cross-cultural issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write fluently in English and at least one additional language within KPU’s target markets (Mandarin, Japanese, Korean is preferred)
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, where diversity of situations and people are routinely encountered.
- Proven ability to be flexible in adapting public speaking/presentation styles to people of different backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access or a similar database system.
- Demonstrated competency navigating in Banner or a similar complex records database is preferred.
- Ability to travel to and work on multiple campuses.
- Ability to multi-task, apply organizational skills to meet deadlines, use problem solving skills.
- Ability to exercise a high level of initiative and responsibility, work independently and establish own priorities.
- Proven ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner in a demanding, high stress, fast paced environment over a sustained period of time.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Knowledge of KPU’s programs and courses and a demonstrated ability to keep up-to-date with credit and non-credit offerings, university and program admission policies, tuition fees, etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally and domestically as needed.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
Click here for a more detailed job description
Annual salary increases are based on hours worked and anniversary dates
Please note: As per the KPU-BCGEU Collective Agreement, qualified internal applicants within the BCGEU bargaining unit are given first consideration in filling this position. Internal applicants must apply by 11:59pm on the internal closing date in order to be considered as an internal applicant. Internal applications received after the closing date will be considered as an external applicant.
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.