Global Change Management Lead
City : Toronto, ON
Category : Global - Human Resources
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
MONTREAL, QUEBEC, TORONTO, CALGARY, VANCOUVER
As a member of the Global People team, the Global Change Lead will report to the Global Director, Organizational Change Management and will play a critical role in building, supporting, and executing change management strategies that will support Global and Country specific WSP strategic initiatives. This role will work closely with the Global Chief People Officers, the extended People teams, and directly with the business.
Specific accountabilities will be to:
- Work closely with global People Leadership teams to provide change management support to key strategic initiatives.
- Lead and/or support change for select global initiatives (such as new acquisitions) inclusive of building & planning, executing, and tracking the change plan milestones such as:
- Stakeholder engagement;
- Change impact assessment;
- Organizational readiness analysis;
- Post implementation support & reinforcement;
- Lessons learned.
- Continuous improvement of current change methodologies and processes.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Strong ability to lead through influence versus direct control;
- Proven ability to execute on strategy with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ type approach;
- Superior organization skills and the ability to connect the dots across multiple stakeholders;
- Creative and imaginative approach to problem solving with a future ready mindset;
- Introduces specialized concepts to develop innovative business solutions;
- Exceptional understanding of change management principles with proven, practical application;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Superior presentation and communication (oral and written) skills, especially in executive communication;
- Ability to storyboard and express ideas clearly and concisely using a mix of data and qualitative insights. Exceptional PowerPoint skills;
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple strategic priorities, projects, and client relationships;
- Translates complex business needs into change management objectives, plans, resources, and long-term goals.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Post-secondary education in Business, HR, Engineering or a related discipline;
- 6-8 years of experience planning, and leading large scale strategic initiatives is required;
- Project/program management experience at a National or Global level;