Global Banking and Markets – Internal Controls Internship/Co-Op – Winter 2024
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Internist, General
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Term: January - April 2024
Application Deadline: October 2, 2023
There's no better way to find your dream job than to do a co-op or internship with Scotiabank! During your work term, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a winning team, build your network, and discover what you love – all while getting paid to do it! There’s a place for every type of student at Scotiabank and all that we ask for is that you have passion and strong AOO (Attitude, Ownership and Opportunity).
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Support a fast-paced growing team that provides oversight and control across the Bank’s Global Banking and Markets business line globally
Do you have the skills and requirements that will enable you to succeed in this role? – We’d love to work with you if:
- You are currently enrolled in post-secondary education
- You love to learn and envision yourself working for an international organization that heavily invests in your future
- You enjoy being involved in extracurricular activities such as conferences, clubs, and competitions
- You are articulate, have excellent presentation and communication skills and are eager to learn
- You are a quick learner and self starter who is not shy to hit the ground running and ask questions to help you learn and grow
- You have intermediate level of proficiency in Excel
- Work as part of the Employee Conduct Oversight team that supports Global Banking and Markets in the development of guidance on the usage of communication channels and remote working best practices.
- Support coordination of efforts on the deployment of communication technology that includes timely analysis and accurate reporting of key metrics to ensure sustainable compliance by GBM.
- Support the team's additional accountabilities in coordinating, tracking, and oversight of first line employee conduct attestations and mandate letter sign-off processes.
- Foster an environment of collaboration and best practices with other subject matter experts within GBM.
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and high-performing team.
- In-depth training to prepare you for the role, as well as ongoing coaching and feedback to help you succeed!
- Exclusive student events such as Scotia Student Day, Lunch & Learns, leadership panels, and much more!
- Bank-wide orientation to learn more about Scotiabank and gain exposure to senior leadership across the organization.
- Expect to interact with employees at all levels of the Bank including senior leadership
- Expect on the job support to help you learn and a collaborative cross functional work environment
- Gain an understanding of controls, documentation of business processes and regulatory requirements for Capital Markets
How do I apply?
For students applying to our internship/co-op or new graduate programs, we do not require resumes! We believe in evaluating you through relationships over resumes and are focused on learning about who you are and what you’re interested in to uncover your true potential. Instead, we ask that as part of your application you complete the below:
- Complete your PLUM Profile here and save as a screenshot.
- Complete a short one-way video interview here.
- Apply to the role and when the application asks for your resume, instead upload the screenshot of your PLUM Profile
To be considered for student opportunities at Scotiabank, Tangerine, and MD Financial you must complete all steps above
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.