City : Sidney
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
GIS Specialist - ( 2300003S )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
As a GIS Specialist with Stantec you will provide technical support which includes spatial analysis, and map production; as well as provide support for assigned projects. You will be part of our Environmental Services GIS team working on a variety of projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Creating and maintaining spatial information for a variety of platforms primarily involving ESRI ArcGIS software
- Map Production and Data Analysis/Summaries to support project deliverables
- Adhering to established Quality Assurance/Quality Control Processes
- Work on Windows platform and Microsoft 365 (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Monitors own work and that of the team to ensure budgets and deadlines are being met in a timely and effective manner
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technical training and experience in GIS mapping, geospatial analysis, and geographic principles (e.g., map projections and coordinate systems)
- Established knowledge of ESRI’s software suite, ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap
- Strong cartographic skills including the ability to adhere to standards and communicate highly complex information in an accessible and attractive manner
- Proven data management and data organization skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously
- Ability to perform work accurately in a detail-oriented environment
- Ability to maintain and establish effective working relationships in diverse and interdisciplinary team environments
- Experience with the following would be considered assets:
- ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online (AGO)
- Mobile data collection tools and AGO products (WebMaps, WebApps, Dashboards, etc.)
- Programming experience with languages such as Python, SQL, or Arcade
- New Century Software to create Environmental and Construction Alignment Sheets
Education and Experience
University, college, or technical institute graduate in GIS, Geography, or related discipline. Minimum of 2 years of GIS experience in a GIS environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the Environmental Regulatory Process or Construction support would be an asset
The position will primarily work in a hybrid office or remote setting; unlikely to involve field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-British Columbia-Terrace, Canada-Yukon-Whitehorse, Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, Canada-British Columbia-Sidney, Canada-British Columbia-Quesnel, Canada-British Columbia-Kamloops
Organization : BC-1232 EnvSvcs-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 8, 2023, 3:10:07 PM
Req ID: 2300003S
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans