City : BURNABY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Geotechnical Technologist - ( 220001XQ )
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we’re full-service, we mean it. You’ll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. Join our team today!
Stantec in Burnaby, BC is seeking an Intermediate Geotechnical Technologist. Under the direction of the Team Lead, you will work closely with an impressive team of engineers and technologists, primarily performing field and laboratory QA/QC monitoring and testing services.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Construction QA/QC Monitoring and Testing:
- Field and laboratory testing of soil and aggregate
- Fill placement and compaction monitoring.
- Deep and shallow foundation construction.
- Review of soil anchor testing
- Assisting in resolution of technical issues on construction sites.
- Various other QA/QC field and laboratory testing services as required.
- Supervision of geotechnical drilling programs.
- Vibration monitoring during heavy civil works or rock blasting.
- Reporting: You will be required to regularly complete detailed field and laboratory reports and submit them to the Laboratory Supervisor / Project Manager as required.
- Construction Monitoring activities including pile monitoring, test pitting, proof rolling etc.
- Task management of various projects (if required).
- Proposal writing and assisting in business development initiatives.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- You will be expected to support day-to-day team operations and play an integral part in the success of the project and team development activities.
- This position offers an excellent opportunity for professional development and career advancement. The successful candidate will receive mentorship and training from our experienced team of technologists, engineers-in-training, and professional engineers.
- As an ideal candidate, you will possess the following:
+ Have knowledge of soil sampling techniques and construction methodology
+ Some exposure to drilling supervision and field borehole logging on geotechnical drilling programs is an asset
+ Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
+ Excellent interpersonal and organizational abilities
+ Willingness to be a team player with a strong ability to work independently
+ Highly organized, and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments, as you may be required to work overtime depending on our clients’ needs
+ An understanding of ASTM standards as you will be required to know these standards to complete daily tasks.
Education and Experience
Hold a technician / technologist diploma from a recognized college
At least 3 years of experience in a geotechnical laboratory and/or field testing
Current registration with ASTTBC and hold designation as a C.Tech. or AScT.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. At Stantec, we live our corporate values every day.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Job : Geotechnical Engineering Technician/Technologist
Organization : BC-1233 Environmental Services-GE-CA Alberta South
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 1, 2022, 8:33:19 AM
Req ID: 220001XQ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans