Geotechnical Student – Environmental Services (Summer 2023)
City : WINNIPEG
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Geotechnical Student - Environmental Services (Summer 2023) - ( 220003XC )
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. We perform geotechnical studies to solve pressing infrastructure and construction rehabilitation issues. Sometimes, we break new ground with our ideas. Other times, we’re bringing stability to a project. We push the boundaries as leaders and experts in our field and encourage our fellow team members to do the same. Join our team today!
(approx. 10 positions available)
Compensation: Wages will be $19.75/hr to $21.75/hr depending on experience
Working hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 5 days per week (weekend and overtime work will be required)
Your key Responsibilities:
- The work will include field and laboratory testing of soil, aggregate, concrete, mortar and bituminous paving mixture, preparation of field reports, and maintenance and calibration of test equipment.
- The position may require working on out of town projects, typically for 1 to 2 days but possibly as long as 2 to 3 weeks.
- A training program will be provided at the onset of the work term.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Previous work experience and familiarity with test procedures for concrete, soils compaction and aggregates would be a definite asset.
- A valid Class 5 drivers licence and a good driving record are prerequisites of employment.
- The position involves lifting samples up to approximately 20 kg. Applicants must obtain their ACI certificate for Concrete Field Testing Technician (Grade 1) prior to employment (this course is offered by RRC in May 2017). After FULL completion of the work term (May through October), students will be reimbursed for 100% of the cost of the ACI certification course.
- Applicants should have excellent communication and organizational skills, and legible handwriting.
Education and Experience
Applicants should be enrolled in the Civil/CAD Technology and Construction Management Program and have an interest in the construction industry.
Application Deadline: 9:00 a.m., Friday, March 25th, 2022
Quoting "Job Offer – Materials Technologist" on your cover letter and addressing it to:
Mr. Jason Thompson, C.E.T.
Principal - Manager, Materials Testing Services
Stantec Consulting Ltd.
Submit your cover letter, resume, copy of your most recent transcript of your marks, along with a hand written 1-page report. You must also submit a recent drivers abstract with your application.
LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Organization : BC-1233 Environmental Services-GE-CA Alberta South
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 15, 2022, 2:15:30 PM
Req ID: 220003XC
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans