Geotechnical Engineering Co-op Student – SU 2023
City : Vancouver, BC
Category : Environment - Mining
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
We have a new opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineering Student to join our team. As an Intern Geotechnical Engineering Student, this opportunity will allow you to work with Junior and Intermediate Engineers on Mine Waste projects. You are preferably available for an 8 month term.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
Assist with tailings and mining projects of various sizes, scopes, and complexity. Examples types of projects include design of tailings dams, co-disposal facilities, and waste rock stockpiles.
Complete and/or coordinate laboratory testing and interpretation.
Complete geotechnical analyses including stability and seepage for embankment dams and waste rock stockpiles, tailings deposition modelling, and deformation modelling, under the direction and supervision of intermediate engineers.
Help with report and technical memorandum preparation.
Participate in and promote a safety-first culture.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Geotechnical, Geological, or Civil (Geotechnical) Engineering
Valid Class 5 driver’s license
Strong interpersonal communication , critical thinking skills , and emotional intelligence
Ability to work in diverse team s
Written and oral skills in French and in languages other than English and French are not mandatory but considered an asset