City : Victoria, BC
Category : Environment - Geotechnical & Materials
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
VICTORIA OR NANAIMO, BC
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
At WSP our Geotechnical team are providing geotechnical engineering services to position WSP as a leader in the market. We're looking for an experienced EIT or Junior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Vancouver Island Geotechnical Team, located at our Victoria or Nanaimo, BC offices. The successful candidate will play a critical role in assisting our local project managers on technical projects and client relationships.
Why WSP ?
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A Phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
# WeAre WSP
About WSP Vancouver Island:
Nanaimo, known as “The Harbour City”, is centrally located on Vancouver Island – a short hop across to Vancouver and a short drive to Victoria, the surfer's paradise of Tofino, or the year-round multi-sports mecca of Mount Washington Resort. WSP has offices in both Nanaimo, and Victoria and collaboration occurs between both offices frequently.
Come and enjoy the lifestyle!
A day in the life:
- You are you an EIT or geotechnical engineer who enjoys technically complex projects where you can flex your creative engineering mind;
- You enjoy interacting with clients and building new opportunities for growth and expansion;
- You are passionate about geotechnical engineering and enjoy engaging in technical conversations with peers;
- You will perform all aspects of geotechnical investigations for buildings, highways, bridges, retaining walls, slope stability, and municipal infrastructure;
- You will be responsible for review of construction materials testing and field monitoring of geotechnical aspects of construction projects;
- You will assist with proposals, cost estimates, and timelines for projects;
- You will assist in the planning, field support and completion of geotechnical site investigations;
- You will review and interpret the monitoring information from geotechnical instrumentation and testing programs;
- You will assist with geotechnical design recommendations and parameters for analyses and design of structure foundations;
- You will provide input to technical design reports;
- You will assist project managers with quality control or quality assurance testing issues;
- You will participate in site visits, meetings, etc. as required;
- You will be involved in other duties as assigned/required.
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- A bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical emphasis or Geological Engineering, seismic engineering analysis considered an asset;
- A license as a Professional Engineer in BC or working towards this;
- Geotechnical experience, preferably in BC region;
- You're skilled at building positive relationships within the various technical communities in BC;
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Valid BC driving license;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills.