City : MARKHAM
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Geotechnical Engineer - ( 2300017O )
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we’re full-service, we mean it. You’ll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. Join our team today!
You will work with general supervision and direction on average sized projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Engineer / Designer.
You will be involved in civil engineering and geotechnical tasks related to technical work involving components of infrastructure projects focusing on dams and hydropower projects, pumped hydropower, tunnels and to a lesser degree, water and wastewater projects. Activities include civil engineering planning and analysis, technical writing, design calculations, specifications and drawings that are related to the development of hydropower and dams infrastructure projects during early phases of the project life cycle. Tasks may include general project conceptual planning phase and design phase work, although you may participate in projects that have matured to a later stage including: construction, testing and start up, operation and maintenance, modification and upgrade, and decommissioning phases. You will participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and specification of engineered structures or planning, designing heavy civil infrastructure projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performs more complex engineering design tasks on assigned heavy civil infrastructure-related projects. under supervision of Project Engineer or Project Manager, including engineering drawings, engineering reports and required applications to regulatory agencies.
- May be responsible for the review and sealing of own projects or the work of the others.
- Manages the design and construction of projects, and provides input.
- Involved in the permitting process of projects, which may require meeting with clients, contractors, reviewing agency personnel.
- Coordinates with the regulatory review to seek final approval.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- General understanding of all phases of project document production.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Possesses excellent time-management skills; Thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Proficient in relevant design software, which may include AutoCAD Civil3D, GIS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, WaterCAD, and PondPack.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite and AutoCAD.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 5 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Organization : BC-1216 EnvSvcs-CA GeoTech East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 21, 2023, 8:19:09 AM
Req ID: 2300017O
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans