City : SASKATOON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Geotechnical Engineer - ( 23000144 )
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we’re full-service, we mean it. You’ll find us in the office, on site, and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. Join our team today!
As a Geotechnical Engineer (Intermediate) you will have the opportunity to work on engineering and geotechnical projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working in our Saskatoon, SK office, where many of Stantec’s design projects take place, you will have the opportunity to exercise your technical and interpersonal skills while growing your career.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working with a team of engineers and technologists/technicians performing general geotechnical responsibilities including, coordinating/performing field programs and preparing proposals, technical deliverables, calculations, reports, specifications, and drawings.
- Being the primary point of contact for both internal and external clients and being trusted to deliver projects on time.
- Leading business development efforts for both internal and external clients and developing strong working relationships.
- Assisting intermediate and senior staff with the completion of geotechnical assignments which will include both field and office-based work.
- Scheduling, scoping, budgeting, and coordinating with subcontractors.
- Developing technical skills by assisting the intermediate and senior staff with various geotechnical analyses, geotechnical drilling, and construction oversight.
- Actively participating in Stantec’s risk management and quality procedures.
- Leading by example for Stantec’s Health and Safety Framework.
- Building collaborative, respectful, and effective relationships within Stantec.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong people skills with an ability to be collaborative, work effectively within a team environment; understand different personality traits and champion emotional intelligence.
- Ability to deliver projects on-time and communicate effectively with clients, sub-consultants, contractors, and different business lines and sectors within Stantec.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent managerial skills such as organization, report writing, and verbal communication skills.
- A Valid Driver’s License; must be willing to provide a driver’s abstract for review.
- Registration as Professional Engineer in the Province of Saskatchewan.
Education and Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering from a recognized university with direct exposure to Geotechnical course work.
Previous geotechnical experience is considered beneficial and can consist of co-op terms in geotechnical engineering, experience as an engineer in training/engineer in geotechnical engineering, or experience in geotechnical related work (i.e. site investigations, design of deep and shallow foundations, slope stability, materials testing, and on-site review of construction activities, etc.)
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Organization : BC-1233 EnvSvcs-CA GeoTech West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 8, 2023, 4:24:10 PM
Req ID: 23000144
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans