Geo-Materials Quality Assurance Technician
City : Burnaby, BC
Category : Environment - Geotechnical & Materials
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
WSP is currently seeking a Materials Quality Assurance Technician servicing a major infrastructure project in Northern BC. Reporting to the Group Leader, Testing Services, the successful candidate will be assigned long-term to the project to provide laboratory reviews and quality assurance surveillance of earthworks, aggregate production, concrete mix design and production, and/or concrete placement. This is long-term assignment which has a 14-day on, 7-day off rotation and involves both day and night shifts, typically alternating on alternating rotations.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- You will conduct routine quality assurance surveillance of contractor’s earthworks, aggregate production, concrete production, and/or concrete placement on site;
- You will review contractor on-site testing facilities for conformance;
- You will be identifying, raising, and reviewing contractor non-conformity reports;
- You will review quality records and reports;
- You will prepare daily summary reports of your findings for the on-site Resident Engineering Team.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- An unwavering and dedication to health and safety;
- Minimum three years of Canadian experience in materials testing (soils, concrete, and aggregate). Experience working on construction sites for long durations is considered an asset;
- Experience with heavy earthworks construction, or experience with geomembrane systems installation;
- A diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or certification with CCIL as a lab or field technician;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
- Strong technical, oral, and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and co-operate with a team in various environments.