Genesis Junior Accountant
City : Markham, ON
Category : Staff
Industry : Automotive
Employer : Hyundai Canada
Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. is headquartered in Markham, Ontario and is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company of Korea. Hyundai markets a full line-up of vehicles in this country – from subcompact to premium sedans to sport utility and crossovers – and is committed to providing world-class, well-engineered products paired with a customer shopping and ownership experience that exceed expectations.
When Hyundai entered the Canadian market in 1983, it was the company’s first overseas subsidiary. Since that time, it has grown into one of the best selling automotive brands in Canada. Hyundai’s success can be attributed to the quality, safety, and design of its vehicles, which is reflected in numerous, high-profile awards they have recently won.
This position will be responsible for supporting Genesis accounting Operations through multiple task such as: Cash posting, apply AR, clearing and prepare reconciliation of customer’s and the distributor’s account. Check daily sales documentation and follow up on non-payment and non-submission of sales documentation. Assist in purchase requisition and invoice processing. Reporting to the Supervisor, Accounting, this individual will administer day to day activities and ensure efficient accounting process are in place. Additionally, this individual will complete documentation to accounting processes and support other Genesis departments with other administrative tasks.
• Maintain A/R, A/P, purchase requisition and Bank on daily basis and prepare the AR outstanding report daily and submit to the Regional Operations Managers (ROM).
• Prepare monthly Accrual entries and send for approval.
• Prepare cheque requisition and maintain the schedule for the rent services and other AP payments
• Facilitate other Genesis department with their purchase requisition and invoice processing.
• Report creation on daily basis from the systems data table
• Monitor and analyze daily AR reporting.
• Responsible for day to day accounting activities, including cash receipt posting, maintaining AR, other accounting entries and reporting.
• Prepare expense report on a weekly basis with budget comparison.
• Provide and execute recommendation that result in more efficient recording and reporting processes with the primary focus on streaming data capture from various sources.
• Coordinate audit documentations and assist with company auditors inquiries.
• Assist in ad hoc financial analysis as required by management.
• Ad-hoc finance and accounting related projects and tasks as needed
• Back up accounting personnel on overflow tasks if requires.
• Assist in month-end activities and closing for Genesis Department.
• Assist in monthly reconciliation activities for Genesis GL/Cost center
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Completion of an undergraduate degree in accounting or Finance preferred, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
• Pursuing ACCA or CPA designation an asset
• 2+ years of relevant experience
• Experience in Automotive Accounting environment would be an asset.
• Able to multi-task and performs well under pressure.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Works well in a team environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication, presentation skills.
• Advance skills is required in Microsoft Excel
• Experience with SAP or other enterprise software to manage accounting operations.
• Strong interpersonal/customer service skills
Why Join Our Team?
Our award-winning culture has been recognized through our Great Place to Work™ certification for the past 5 years. We have been able to achieve this not only thanks to the dedication and commitment of our team members to our business, but also through a variety of fun activities and opportunities throughout the year which allow us to build strong engagement! When you join Hyundai Auto Canada Corp., you will become part of an organization that promotes diversity, inclusion and overall well-being. We offer an excellent benefits package including RSP matching, flexible start times, maternity leave top up, an attractive vehicle-lease program, demo vehicles for Managers and education support.
The first round of candidates will be reviewed on or before April 14, 2023.
We are committed to providing employees with an experience that will help them grow and develop professionally. Ideal candidates are self-starters, team players and thrive in a dynamic environment. If you are looking to build your career with a growing organization where you can use your knowledge, skills and talents, consider joining our team.
Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and their accessibility requirements. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will take all reasonable steps required to meet your accessibility requirements.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only candidates selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted.