General Utility Technician
City : Peterborough ON, CA
Category : FullTime
Industry : Consumer Products
Employer : Coca-Cola Canada
Responsible for general duties involving physical handling of product, materials and supplies including but not limited to:
- Loading cans of frozen juice onto the casing line
- Assisting in the blend process
- General cleaning as required.
- Backfilling production associates that are on vacation.
- Disposing of recyclables.
- Wrapping and baling pallets of cardboard for recycling.
- Warehouse pick frozen orders as required.
- Follow plant GMP policies.
- Provide and complete all documentation as required per current standard operating procedures
- Participate in Operational Excellence initiatives
- Fully comply with Food Safety, Safety, Security, Environment, Quality, and all plant policies and procedures
- Must comply with all management systems including Safety, Security, Environment, Quality, and all plant policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Standing for extended periods, walking, lifting, climbing, crouching, bending, reaching and stooping.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- 1-3 year of general work experience.
- Prior food production and manufacturing machine operation experience preferred.
- Previous experience within high-speed industrial environment.
- Ability to lift heavy weights of approximately 25kg.
- Ability to operate manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to work shift work including midnight shifts and weekends.
- Ability to work in a freezer environment
Coca-Cola Limited is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have a number of programs and policies in place to support this goal. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact our HR Shared Service team by calling 1-877-677-6774. Coca-Cola Limited will consult with all applicants with a disability who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicants individual accessibility needs.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.