City : Mississauga, ON, CA; Toronto, ON, CA
Category : TV Operations
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
POSITION: GENERAL OPERATOR
Part Time, Casual - Rotating Shifts
REPORTS TO: Manager, Broadcast Operations
DEPARTMENT: Broadcast Operations
COMPANY: TSC – Today’s Shopping Choice
LOCATION: 59 Ambassador Drive
1. Provide scheduled daily break coverage for all Control room and Studio floor positions
including Director, Technical Director, Graphics Op, Audio Op, Camera Ops and MCO.
Cover any crew shortages due to illness or late arrivals
2. Media Asset Management reports – checking video and still support for upcoming daily shows.
3. Off-air production work as scheduled, including the pre-recording of daily Web capture
spots. Trim & edit, overnight ShowStopper clip for upload to the Web for 1 AM.
4. MCO/Playback duties as required - build and edit playlists, monitor TSC feed
5. Coordinate and perform Skype testing with TSC guests
6. At end of PM shift, ensure the camera cables are coiled properly, pedestals are locked down, Vega pack batteries recharging, securing Studio for overnights including assuring lighting board shut down and Studio overhead lights turned on. Turning over the control room to Master Control Operator.
7. Calibrate and color correct any product monitors for sale
8. Knowledge and adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations as mandated by government and Rogers Media.
9. Other duties as required.
1. University Degree/College Diploma in Broadcast Technology/Production or related field.
2. Practical experience in all studio and control room positions.
3. Working knowledge of broadcast and editing equipment.
4. Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
6. Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
7. Excellent collaborator.
8. Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced, team environment under tight deadlines.
9. Familiar with High Definition technology, o Selection
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 59 Ambassador Drive (097), Mississauga, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & TV Operations
Requisition ID: 261438
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media