General Manager | Vernon
City : VERNON, British Columbia
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Stores
Employer : The Bay
What This Position is All About
The General Manager is a business leader who is profit minded, and able to execute the HBC strategy through effective management of people and process. Dynamic leadership abilities, combined with exceptional communication, analytical, and in-store marketing skills are essential to success in this role
Who You Are:
- You lead by example by driving positive outcomes and elevating the performance of others
- Creates a sense of community in the team and gains trust quickly by building strong relationships
- Inspires others with their vision and sense of purpose
You Also Have:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Minimum of 7+ years of retail management experience and profit & loss responsibility
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proven troubleshooting skills and ability to diffuse challenging situations
As The General Manager, You Will:
- Develop short and long term action plans that address opportunities and positively impact the business
- Build and execute development plans to drive optimal performance for all direct reports
- Review, understand and take action regarding sales and productivity results on a weekly and monthly basis
- Build a succession plan by identifying internal talent within the executive and associate groups, and make it a priority to make them successful
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request inrelation to the materials or processes to be used.