General Manager – Energy and Resources (74266002)
City : Rainy River
Category : Full-time General Business
Industry : Hospitality
Employer : Sodexo
How You’ll Make an Impact:
In this role, you will assist the District Manager, in achieving optimal Client, site guests’ satisfaction and establishing a good working environment to attain all set objectives. To achieve this, you will assist the General Manager to run camp janitorial services in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures and Policies as set out by the client and Sodexo. You shall introduce innovative solutions to continually upgrade the services to the guests. The General Manager will share with the District Manager the overall profit & loss (P&L) responsibility. You will be responsible for effective planning, delegating, coordinating, staffing, organizing, and decision making to attain desirable results.
You will be responsible for the following services:
Housekeeping, Janitorial and Food Services
- Ensuring adequate staffing to perform housekeeping duties as per contract
- Daily preparation of housekeeping work load sheets (sheet change, complete cleaning or check out).
- Daily meeting with housekeeper to discuss any previous day issues or special requests.
- Ensuring daily random audits f minimum 10 rooms are completed and documented
- Addressing all guest housekeeping issues
- Ensuring all Janitors are completing their task completely and inspection must be done on daily basis
- All janitorial rooms or closets and mud room are neat and clean at all time
- Ensuring all staff are in full uniform
Health and Safety:
- Ensuring daily toolbox talks for all departments
- Ensuring all mandatory safety training is completed
- All onboarding of new employees completed
- All training records are maintained
- Diversity and Inclusion:
- Building and enhancing relationship with FN partnership
- Your duties include measuring and monitoring company diversity, developing new programs and practices that effectively increase diversity.
- Preparation of daily weekly payroll
- Ensuring payroll is completed according to Sodexo policies
- All vendor invoices are approved
- All inventories are completed
- All client invoices are completed correctly and billed accordingly
- Weekly client meeting is schedule and minutes are distributed to client and DM
- Ensuring effective management of all areas ensuring quality and cost control
- Staff HR and staff schedule
- Workplace Inspections, job observations, safety tool talks, incident/hazard reporting, JOHSC, safety training, new hire orientations, audits
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 3-4 years Assistant General Manager/Hospitality experience
- Post-Secondary education in Business, Hospitality
- Culinary Certification will be an asset
- Experience or accreditation in areas of food service, janitorial
- Computer skills (Excel proficiency)
- Experience with Camp Management
- Health and safety regulations, quality control, custodial, grounds, office services,
- Managing third party contracts, and continuous improvement
- Strong financial acumen and contract management
- Excellent verbal and written communication is required. French/English bilingual is a strong asset
What Sodexo Can Offer You:
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater because we believe our everyday actions have a big impact. You belong in a company that allows you to act with purpose and thrive in your own way. In addition, we offer:
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- An award-winning employer for Sustainability, Diversity & Inclusion, Corporate Social Responsibility, and much more. View Sodexo’s latest awards here
- And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sodexo is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our team members, customers, clients, contractors, business partners, guests, and members of the public with whom we regularly interact. We require that all new hires in hospitals, long term care facilities, and senior homes to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and may require any other new hires to be fully vaccinated based on the location and scope of their employment.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
Instagram: Sodexo Canada (@sodexocanada)
Twitter: Sodexo Canada (@SodexoCanada)
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo Canada | Facebook