Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Employees in these positions will be responsible for assembling ready to eat food products as well as refilling trays and manually applying product packaging.
- Rotate competently within all positions of the work cell
- Take an active roll in changeover procedures and achieve line speed efficiencies
- Recognize and troubleshoot mechanical and production issues and communicate problems to lead hand, supervisor and/or maintenance (i.e., film changeovers)
- Visual quality checks of product against customer and internal specifications (Including foreign materials, weight checks, gas and program settings)
- Ability to maintain cleanliness of areas of responsibility
- Adhere to individual Product Standard Operating Procedures for components and packaging materials
- Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply with safety requirements including ensuring power is shut down on equipment prior to specified tasks
- (Lockout / Tagout may be applicable)
- Frequent reaching and standing are required
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Interact and share information with employees at all levels (Team members, Lead Hands, Supervisors, Others). Actively participates in their work group.
- Actively finds new and improved ways of completing tasks. Is willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities (assists with changeovers, keeps up with line speed requirements)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Employees may be required to complete aptitude testing
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Food Manufacturing experience is an asset
- Must be able to work in a cold working environment (can vary between 6 - 8 degrees Celsius)
- Must be able to work with meat products - including pork
- Please note that this position requires standing for long periods of time
PLEASE NOTE: Resumes can be dropped off in person at Maple Leaf Foods, 643 Speedvale Avenue West, Guelph.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.